+ Reply to Thread

Default Student midwife seeking women to follow in Brisbane! Support and educational purposes

Firstly congratulations!!

I'm currently studying a bachelor of midwifery at the Australian Catholic University, Banyo. I am participating in a program called "Continuity of Care" experience which is a part of my studies. Under supervision from your chosen care provider (midwife, obstetrician or GP) I am expected to engage with and provide support to women during pregnancy, labour and birth, and the postnatal period . The intention of this program is to enable students like myself to experience continuity with the individual woman across their journey. I am there for support and education purposes.

A few things to consider:
    • To be eligible the woman must be less than 35 weeks
    • I am expected to attend at least two antenatal appointments
    • I do have to attend the birth
    • I am expected to stay in contact with the mother briefly, 6 weeks postnatal
    This program is completely confidential and protected by Australian Catholic University.

Below is a link of information outlining the program:

If there are any questions please ask me,
    I would greatly appreciate it

Last edited by Jaedyn; 07-01-2015 at 10:43.