+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yep - Europe was great, and I am a long way from finished there. Next major holiday (will be a few years away) will be either the Canada/Alaska thing, or back to Europe to do Switzerland, Austria and Germany .. with a bit of Northern Italy for family.

Only problem with living in WA - well, Australia in general - is we are so incredibly far away from many of the places in the world I want to see.

South America I would love to go to as well, but I dont think I want to take Katie there ... I dunno, its just the vibe that a) its a place I want to be kid free, and b) that its not terribly safe for kids IYKWIM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I want to go back to the USA - we just spend 3.5 weeks there and we miss it.
    6 days in New York wasn't enough...3 nights in Vegas definitely wasn't enough...it was amazing and we loved it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    France

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mauritius ☺️

Dreams are free? 😞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh where to start? My first choices are Italy then Egypt, once those two are done I want to see England, Ireland, Scotland, Greece, Hawaii, New York, Vegas and a few other token American places especially Disneyland. Also Austria and perhaps a carribbean cruise ... would love to see Alaska and Antarctica. Going to the cook islands next year and after that we hope to do Great Barrier Reef and Hamilton Island plus see more of the South Island (NZ) one trip home. I am certain the more we travel the more places that will be added!

Loved your travel stories btw katiesmum so envious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Okay mines very lame but here goes.

A family (all the kids +partners) holiday to the Gold Coast. Doing the their parks and the whole gold coast tourists stuff.

We had planned on doing it in Feb.
    Sadly my savings got used for major car breakdown and my summer job has been put in jeopardy.

It was going to be dd1 21 birthday present/party. She hasn't had one since she 6 due to her anxiety. We were all looking forward to it.

Oh well such is life.

It will happen one day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We are keen to see New York, though to make it a dream trip we'd have to tie in a few more destinations!

I'm also interested in Europe, Vietnam, India, Canada & Japan.

The next realistic family holiday is New Zealand.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dream holiday was Paris and a driving holiday through Italy, which I did a couple of years ago. It exceeded all expectations

Next dream destination is Iceland.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Okay mines very lame but here goes.

A family (all the kids +partners) holiday to the Gold Coast. Doing the their parks and the whole gold coast tourists stuff.

We had planned on doing it in Feb.
    Sadly my savings got used for major car breakdown and my summer job has been put in jeopardy.

It was going to be dd1 21 birthday present/party. She hasn't had one since she 6 due to her anxiety. We were all looking forward to it.

Oh well such is life.

It will happen one day.
    It's not lame at all. My big big big dream holiday with the kids will be to take them to Disneyland....but on my realistic dream holiday it's Darwin, Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef. The Gold Coast is a great holiday destination with the kids. I'm sorry it's not going to work out for you for February.

I know everyone likes to jet set overseas, but I am having so much fun exploring Australia with my kids. I would like to take them to Disneyland one day, but there's so much of my own country I haven't seen, and I think it's a shame that at 31 I've only visited three states. We are slowly going around the countryside with our kids and we are making amazing memories in our own backyard (so to speak). I much prefer holidaying in Aus than in Europe, which I believe makes me a complete weirdo!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (25-10-2014)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    There's nothing weird about preferring to holiday here. Australia is a beautiful country and we're lucky to have so many spectacular and natural wonders to marvel at. My family and I drove around Australia in a van when I was younger and it's something I would love to do with my children one day.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Full House  (25-10-2014)