+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hypnosis virtual gastric banding

Reposted... Just realised I posted on journals whoops!

Has any used hypnosis for weight loss? I've booked in next Friday for hypnosis called 'virtual gastric bypass' where you are hypnotised to believe you have had surgery, therefore eat less and get back in tune with your hunger signals. Just wondering if anyone has tried this or hypnosis on general and did it work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Penelopee,
    Yes I am currently undergoing this treatment. Have had 2 sessions so far with 3 to go. It has helped me but the weight is very slow to move so far. I am drinking more water, being more active and have stopped biting my fingernails (all things I also asked to be programmed to do) At the next session the virtual band will be put on for me so will be interesting to see after that. I think it will work if you really want it to and believe in it. How did you go yesterday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi stumpy, so good to hear from someone doing the same. Yesterday was actually really good and relaxing. The program I'm doing is 4 sessions. Yesterday they put on the band which was just basically a mediation of going into the hospital, going into theatre, going to sleep then waking up its all done. Visualising how small you stomach is now. I must say I ate less for dinner last night but that was probably because I was very concious of it. I'm working on learning my hungry signals and not just eating for boredom or routine. Does you therapist send you home with recordings? I'm supposed to listen to them every night. The 2nd session is next week the the final 2 are spread over a couple of months I think that's when she will target specific issues. It's all very interesting. Did you take your measurements before you started? I'm going to track mine every week

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great. Yes I felt very relaxed after the sessions. Yep I have recordings to listen to every night. They are great for relaxation too. I have found that I now make better food choices and plan ahead a bit better to avoid eating rubbish. I didn't take measurements but do weigh myself every now and then. Down 2.6 kgs since mid october.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I thought I'd do an update for anyone interested in Hypnotherapy. 1st week down and I have lost 2.6kgs and 3.5cm off my hips

The funny thing is it was so easy! Seriously I would be lucky to loose 1kg in a week if I tried really hard and didnt eat anything bad at all. This week I had chocolate pudding tuesday night for dessert and 2 krispy kreme donuts on thursday! The thing is I'm eating way less in size of my meals and feeling fuller faster. I can even cook for my kids and organise snacks without feeling like I want any. I usually pick at what they are eating.

I have just had my 2nd session and I'm really enjoying the relaxation part of it too. Listening to the CD recordings every night means I allocate myself 20 minutes a day to just be on my own and relax so win/win

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can I ask how you went about finding your respective hypnotherapist? A friend of mine has just started going to one, but has deliberately chosen someone who doesn't do the virtual gastric band. I'm curious to see the differences in behaviours. What sorts of things did they say to you/talk to you about?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in adelaide so I just googled hypnotherapy for Weight loss Adelaide. I called 2 places. The first lady was so nice, she spoke to me for 1/2 hour explained everything it was spread over 4 sessions and each session would be 1 to 1,1/2 hr. The second place rudely told me 'everything is on the website, you book through there' not helpful at all. They offered 2 sessions of 45 mins. Obviously I choose the first place.

Basically the virtual gastric band is only one session trying to get you to notice the size of your stomach and recognise when you are full. She then talked to me about my personal issues with food. For example I have a habit of eating quickly when busy. So I lay down and what I call meditate while she tells me things like 'it's ok to take the time', 'you owe it to yourself to slow down' 'you can be fully satisfied with only 3 small meals ' sounds weird I know but it's working!!