+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best bottle/cup for transitioning to cows milk

My son will be 1 year in a month and I will be weaning him off formula onto cows milk. I'm just wondering what success you've had with bottles or sippy cups.

I had the Nubi bottles for my first two boys but this baby does something with the top and manages to leak water all over himself. Sippy cups with the valve he finds hard to get the water out and ones without the valve he just shakes all the water out like its a game!

I probably just need to persist with something but not sure what! Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used the take and toss suppy cups, they're cheap, dishwasher safe and do the job nicely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think I bought e wry kind on the market until I found one that he liked. Wasted sooooo much money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm finding these tommy tippees good. The top is still soft and the valve is easy to suck, not like many others! The low handles encourage the little one to tip it up too.

(If you are looking for them in the shop they are all one colour, not like my pic where I have the different coloured tops mixed up with bottoms)

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You could try a straw cup? One without a valve.
    B box brand do these awesome ones with a weighted straw so if they tip up the straw stays in the liquid.

I also think the take and toss cups are great.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for those suggestions!
    I thought about the take and toss ones, I remember liking those but couldn't remember what age my older 2 used them. I was thinking a 1 year old (my particular 1 year old!) would try to take the lid off?? His curiosity will always come before food!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've been using them and had no trouble with him taking kids off, I think they'd be hard for him to take off. Hopefully you find something that works for you without spending too much on trial and error!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to monkey&&me For This Useful Post:

BigweeBigwee  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    I use the tommee tippee free flow sippy cups. Ds pulls the lids off the take and toss and we end up with such a mess. He is 13 months.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For home we just went straight to an open cup (those little tupperware ones). Used straw cups for water when out and about.