+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Using a dedicated Facebook page for business?

So I need to attract more business and generally I get business through word of mouth. I would like more local work as there is no one in my area offering what I do. I was looking at people's FB businesses and am wondering if this is a good way to go. Minimal outlay and it can ensure that I can find local work. Who uses FB for this purpose and is it a good thing? Do you think this is a 'professional enough' way to attract business? Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't have my own business that uses facebook, but I just wanted to say I think it's a really good way of promoting your business.

I'm big on googling, and if a service provider doesn't have their own website I appreciate if they at least have an FB page.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I definitely think it's a good idea. As a consumer, I like how you can get very up do date news and promotion through Facebook, and I would trust an information on opening hours, contact details etc. to be true on Facebook whereas I'd call to double check an info found on a web page that could be updated.
    We used it my last job before baby, it's really simple to reach a target audience. You can decide to spend $30 and reach girls 25-45 that like running for example in a radius 5kms from your business. You pay 5 cents per "like" until you've reached your $30 (rough example, I don't remember the prices).
    Now you need to commit to answering every messages and posts, and you were expected to post between 2 and 7 times per week. It worked really well for us.
    All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I use business fb. Both local and national. I often go to my local fb mums page and look at recommended businesses. I only ever click on the ones that have fb page. I am lazy like that.

So I would go for it.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a FB business page and I think I've spent $50 in total to build my likes (audience) and it has certainly paid for itself with new clients. I don't sell products via FB as I'm a service provider.

To keep in peoples feeds you need to be constantly posting stuff and encouraging likes of your posts, but you can't post too much as then they'll stop following your feed. The insights help you work out when your peak audience is, so you can schedule posts to go live then.

I don't run a web page, I stick with FB for my online presence (as well as free listings all over the web.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have a business, but I do look online on certain places and if they have a Facebook page it's great. So helpful to find information.