+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish30 View Post
    OP, how are you going? Do you have good news?
    Thanks for asking

Well yea good news and not what I expected at all!!!
    We went to our appt yesterday with a plan in mind to try and demand an induction due to my anxiety etc.
    the first time out of all my appts I actually had a really nice midwife that took my mental health seriously. Instead of my appt taking 5 mins it took half an hr.
    She did a s&s and my cervix was 2cm dilated and soft, she could touch the baby's head whist doing it. She talked me out of the induction as she said it looks like my body is doing all the right things and may go into labour on it's own. I get foetal monitoring on Friday and mon morning before my next appt.
    She also said I can come in everyday for foetal monitoring if that reassured me. She told me that my anxiety may not be helping labour to progress so I need to spend the wk talking positively to my baby and relaxing and daily baths etc, she even suggested a sherry before bed (might not do that one) .
    I feel happy that she has taken me seriously and for once I've actually been booked in to see the same midwife for my next appt.

Thankyou all for helping to reassure me or commenting your experiences or opinions. Pregnancy is a scary time.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelbel29 For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (29-10-2014),smallpotatoes  (29-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for asking

We went to our appt yesterday with a plan in mind to try and demand an induction due to my anxiety etc.
    the first time out of all my appts I actually had a really nice midwife that took my mental health seriously. Instead of my appt taking 5 mins it took half an hr.
    She did a s&s and my cervix was 2cm dilated and soft, she could touch the baby's head whist doing it. She talked me out of the induction as she said it looks like my body is doing all the right things and may go into labour on it's own. I get foetal monitoring on Friday and mon morning before my next appt.
    She also said I can come in everyday for foetal monitoring if that reassured me. She told me that my anxiety may not be helping labour to progress so I need to spend the wk talking positively to my baby and relaxing and daily baths etc, she even suggested a sherry before bed (might not do that one) .
    I feel happy that she has taken me seriously and for once I've actually been booked in to see the same midwife for my next appt.

Thankyou all for helping to reassure me or commenting your experiences or opinions. Pregnancy is a scary time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for asking

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelbel29 For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (29-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbel29 View Post
    Thanks for asking

Brilliant! I bet that puts your mind at rest. I'm glad someone finally took you seriously. Being scared is perfectly valid and normal. And such a natural thing for a mother to feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would write to the hospital and thank the midwife for her great work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (29-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good luck op! 2cm and soft is really good, especially for your first. I hope your appointment helped to reassure you. As per advice given by many through this thread, take this time to have some quiet bonding time with bub. Talk to your belly, read to your belly, have a nice bath and just try to get in tune with your little one. Your midwife was right and reiterated what both myself and @meredithgrey have been saying, the anxiety and worry can inhibit natural labour. I'm really happy you saw a good midwife and that she talked you out of what could very well be an unnecessary induction. I very much hope the next news we hear is that your labour kicked off on its own and you had a natural and complication free birth.

(And by natural I mean no interventions. Not including analgesia in this)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    wow 2cm and soft is great! Looks like things are happening and getting into gear

Enjoy your last couple of days of pregnancy x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with everything :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wonderful! Can't wait to see the update that you have this little bundle in your arms. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great news op