+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Kelbel29 You know when you DTD but your ovulation date might have been 6 days later.

So that's quite a large window. Say you dtd on Apr 01 to Apr 03 you might have ovulated and conceived anytime between Mar 31 and Apr 09.

So if your partner was home for 4 days that gives you a potential conception period of 10 days.
    Last edited by ExcuseMyFrench; 23-10-2014 at 15:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    You asked how my boy is now - he is fine thankfully and is at the top of his class. I must say I was concerned about brain damage due to lack of oxygen.

Another question you asked was what should you say to them when you go in next - I would form a plan with them. A plan for induction if baby doesn't come prior. If you are 40+3 by your dates and you are certain and the early scans match then you still have another week. Having a plan for induction will hopefully take some of the stress off you. Two of our other babies ended up coming naturally on the eve of their induction date!

For me, I had no reduced movement to signal anything was wrong.
    That's good to hear that he is doing ok now. If he is at the top of his class than his brain must be great.

I think having a plan in place would def help with my anxiety.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbel29 View Post
    I'm sure of my dates because at the time my partner was working away from work on and off so I'm 100 % the baby was conceived in the small window that he was off.
    Just bc you know when you DTD though doesn't mean that you know when implantation occurred though it's usually 7-9 days after you ovulate, and you could have DTD up to 6 days before ovulation. Apologies if you already know this I'm just not sure if you got what I meant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understood what u meant and I also experienced implantation bleeding.
    We were actively trying for a baby so I'm aware of that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbel29 View Post
    I understood what u meant and I also experienced implantation bleeding.
    We were actively trying for a baby so I'm aware of that
    then I say camp on the hospital doorstep until they listen to you Kebel29!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even if you go to hospital and say you've had reduced movements, they'll hook you up to ctg, monitor the baby and if all is fine, they'll send you home. They'd only take action if bub is compromised. I know it's not easy, but just try and relax. That's what's best for your baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not talking about being induced this week. I just dont wanna go another 3 weeks by their dates and the time line they gave me.
    I would be happy with an induction next wk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Why? Even by her dates she's only 40+3 which means they wouldn't consider induction for another week anyway.
    Surely at this stage though they should be able to give her some reassurance about when she will be induced. I know plenty of ppl that were induced on or around their due date at their request.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I really hope they listen to you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The recommendation is induction at 41+3. We generally won't induce before then unless there's a clinical indication - blood pressure, early signs of pre-eclampsia in the absence of elevated blood pressure (at term), diabetes, growth restriction, maternal medical conditions etc. In the public system they won't induce at maternal request if there is no clinical reason. If baby is healthy, Mum is healthy it's safest not to. What if they did induce and you didn't dilate enough for them to break your waters? They would just send you home to try again a few days later. I can appreciate your worry, but if you can manage to control your anxiety and allow your body to relax you may find that things happen on their own. There's no point trying natural methods of induction if you're all stressed and tense. The stress hormone cortisol will override any oxytocin that's circulating your body. Find something that destresses you. A walk on the beach, a warm bath, a massage. Spend some quality time with your partner - maybe he can hop in the bath with you (if there's room) and give your neck/shoulders a rub. When you're relaxed then try some of the induction methods - nipple stimulation, intercourse (must include female orgasm, otherwise there's no point!)

Spend some time just sitting quietly talking to your baby. Try to connect to your little one and just enjoy this time together. Hopefully your baby will come of his/her own accord without the need for an induction.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (23-10-2014),IvyRain  (23-10-2014),meredithgreyxxx  (23-10-2014),Super Trooper  (28-10-2014)