+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's such a terrible feeling fearing your baby will be stillborn I had that fear with my last, as you explain there was two diff due dates 12 days apart I put in my mind that the closest date was the correct one and as soon as I thought I was 40 weeks I started to worry ( they insisted I was 38+5 aprox) well all went fine turns out they were correct and they baby came on it's own at 40+5 going by their dates my dates would of made me way over and bubs was the same size as the others, if in your heart you feel they are wrong then don't stop pushing till you feel right. However in my case they were right and all was well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you're really worried, make sure you're very aware of your baby's movements and what is normal. If there's any reduction in movement, go to the hospital and get checked out. Any change to your baby's condition will be reflected in their movements. Any sense that something's not right, trust your gut instinct. Women have safely delivered babies at 42 and 43 weeks before, so don't think that just because you go over its a sure thing. Just be aware of your baby's movements and normal behaviour. And heck, if you're really worried about baby, go into the hospital and tell them that. If you happen to turn up on a day when their induction list isn't very big or it's quiet in birth suite they may even induce you because they have the time and staff to spare. I would leave it until you're over 40 weeks by their dates though, otherwise you won't get much love from them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 100% sure nothing formally will get done until I reach their due date this mon.
    I really want to be able to speak to a psych or midwife that will actually spend longer than 5mins on my appt and listen to me and answer my questions.
    I am 100% sure of my due date. Especially when the 2nd scan was only a few days after the first scan and all the others have been accurate with that date.
    I just want my baby here so I know he is ok. I know that any form of induction has a higher chance of c section or other interventions but to me that's worth it to get my baby out.
    We will see what they say tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This may sound bad but if it were me I would go to outpatients at a different hospital and say I've had reduced movements or a bleed or pain and state your thought due date. Being this anxious is not going to be getting any natural labour progressing any time soon. Sorry you are going through that fear, I hope you have your bub soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah I guess you're right it would just feel so awful to be clutching at straws like this

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess ur right meredith grey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I understand how bad anxiety can be when pg. But as someone else said, the dating scan is the most accurate, particularly since you hadn't had a period and I'm assuming aren't 100%? My dating scan was bang on (I know exactly when I conceived) but as I get further along, measurements are now showing a week further along. We are sticking with the dating scan dates, and as I say, despite measuring a week ahead I know for sure that isn't right.

I hope you can come to some resolution.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

littlelove  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do you know your exact dates? I know mine bc I was temping, knew how long my last cycle was, the last menstrual period date and even the date of implantation (which I consider the most important). After the dating scan they agreed with my calculations bc it matched the baby's growth.

Not sure how you know but I'm just saying unless you are THAT sure of your cycle down to knowing how long your luetal phase was meant to be, they could be right.

But feeling like you do, I would still go to the hosp. Just wanted to comfort you they may actually be right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure of my dates because at the time my partner was working away from work on and off so I'm 100 % the baby was conceived in the small window that he was off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You asked how my boy is now - he is fine thankfully and is at the top of his class. I must say I was concerned about brain damage due to lack of oxygen.

Another question you asked was what should you say to them when you go in next - I would form a plan with them. A plan for induction if baby doesn't come prior. If you are 40+3 by your dates and you are certain and the early scans match then you still have another week. Having a plan for induction will hopefully take some of the stress off you. Two of our other babies ended up coming naturally on the eve of their induction date!

For me, I had no reduced movement to signal anything was wrong.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (23-10-2014)