+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Paranoid about stillbirth

Hi,
    I am 40 +3 although the hosp is still insisting im 39+3 days. I had no period before I conceived so my due date is off my first dating scan which gave the due date of 27th of oct. I bled a few days after that scan and had another scan which said the 20th of oct and I've had 5 other scans since then which all say the same date of 20th. They still refuse to change my due date.

I was hoping for a s&s at my appt on tues and they just fobbed me off and even refused an internal. I cried to the midwife and said I'm absolutely paranoid my baby will be stillborn, I'm struggling to eat and sleep coz it's all I worry about. They said they will only consider induction at 40+10 but in my opinion I'll be bloody 41+10 days that's way to over due and the risks of stillbirth that far overdue is huge!
    I'm just so scared and anxious and I feel like no one is listening to me. I just want this baby out so I can see he is safe and healthy. He is full term at this stage and he is expected to be over 10 pound at birth so I'm not sure why they r also making me wait.

I'm freaking out!!!
    We also have my step sons bday coming up in 2 weeks and I can only imagine the trouble it'll cause if my baby is due around his bday. We struggle to see him as it is without this happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think you need to keep pushing them to induce you. Maybe go to your gp if they arent listening and see of he can help some how by saying the stress its causing is too much?
    Sorry not much help but I hope they listen soon. Just call everyday asking for induction

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you pisang.
    I think my partner said he is going to take me to the hosp tonight and speak to them.
    I just want someone to be able to take my anxiety seriously.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would go to the hospital and ask to speak to a psychologist. That's what I did when my concerns weren't being taken seriously. Once it was all done on paper and 'official' then the psyc stepped in on my behalf and they had to start listening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you lahdidah, I didn't realise those resources were available to me. I don't understand why no one has not mentioned this to me.
    I would love to be able to talk to a psych. When we go to the hosp tonight I'll request an appt for one.
    I'm seriously on the verge of trying to do my own stretch and sweep just to get this baby out and see if he is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are very sure of your dates push to see someone higher up the chain - yell and scream if need be! We almost lost our first son due to this predicament. They only pushed our dates forward at our post dates visit due to his size at a later scan - What a heck of generalisation! I too was in tears.

At our 3rd post dates visit they couldn't find his heart beat and I felt numb. They wouldn't even let me walk upstairs to the birth suite and once there found out that he had a poor pulse, there were no waters left and he was in distress.They continued to take oxygen levels whilst they induced straight away. After ten hours of the induction not working he had no oxygen left and went to an e-c-section. He was under-nourished, scrawny and dry as the placenta had stopped working properly for some days. He came out blue and not breathing. He was, by my dates 19 days over. I was happy to go 10 by my dates, but not 19. I've since found out that I have a hereditary clotting disorder and am not allowed to go over!

Turns out that my body was NEVER going to go into labour by itself, the baby was not going to engage EVER and you know what? Turns out I have small babies! If my appt had been for the next day he would have been dead.

Even with our second it took literally days for my body to know what to do and fully dilate.

Not saying all this to make you more anxious but to let you know it also happens to others and I regret crumbling at the registrar level instead of asking for someone higher. We never even saw the doctor/ob that was assigned to us at the start - I don't know if he was even consulted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    If you are very sure of your dates push to see someone higher up the chain - yell and scream if need be! We almost lost our first son due to this predicament. They only pushed our dates forward at our post dates visit due to his size at a later scan - What a heck of generalisation! I too was in tears.

At our 3rd post dates visit they couldn't find his heart beat and I felt numb. They wouldn't even let me walk upstairs to the birth suite and once there found out that he had a poor pulse, there were no waters left and he was in distress.They continued to take oxygen levels whilst they induced straight away. After ten hours of the induction not working he had no oxygen left and went to an e-c-section. He was under-nourished, scrawny and dry as the placenta had stopped working properly for some days. He came out blue and not breathing. He was, by my dates 19 days over. I was happy to go 10 by my dates, but not 19. I've since found out that I have a hereditary clotting disorder and am not allowed to go over!

Turns out that my body was NEVER going to go into labour by itself, the baby was not going to engage EVER and you know what? Turns out I have small babies! If my appt had been for the next day he would have been dead.

Even with our second it took literally days for my body to know what to do and fully dilate.

Not saying all this to make you more anxious but to let you know it also happens to others and I regret crumbling at the registrar level instead of asking for someone higher. We never even saw the doctor/ob that was assigned to us at the start - I don't know if he was even consulted.
    I'm so sorry to read all this little ted. The level of care u received was disgusting! How is he doin now? I really can't believe they didn't do an emergency c section when finding out he had a poor pulse and breathing rate!
    How is he doing now?
    I feel like the public health system is so understaffed that we just get constantly fobbed off!
    If they let me go by their due date that'll be almost 3 weeks over! At the end of the day a baby is considered full term at 37+ weeks and I'm 40+3 so I don't see why they won't just do it!
    I appreciate u taking the time to tell me your story and I know it must of been hard to talk about it again.
    It also gives me all the more reason to push to be induced as I do believe I am now overdue. My partner and I are 100% sure of when we conceived. I too only saw an ob once at my very first visit all my other appts have been with a different midwife who fibs every question I ask off.
    I also don't believe my body will go into labour on it's own either, baby is not engaged, cervix still high up, not soft and isn't dilated. So either way I believe I will need an induction it's just a matter of sooner rather than later.
    I spend my days doing all the natural induction methods but nothing works.
    I hate that they fob off my concerns.
    Do u have any advice for when I go in tonight with my partner? Do I need to go to the extreme of saying I'll grab a knife and get this baby out myself?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I've got my bacterial vaginal infection back too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a serious fear of stillbirth with DS2 for various reasons. It helped me to remember that rates of stillbirth are very low. Good luck with getting bub out ASAP. The fear can be crippling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilahh View Post
    I had a serious fear of stillbirth with DS2 for various reasons. It helped me to remember that rates of stillbirth are very low. Good luck with getting bub out ASAP. The fear can be crippling.
    Thank you for the reassurance