+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's been over a month since I last posted here and unfortunately things aren't much better. He's sleeping for 40min on the dot and not resettling. He's completely shattered by early afternoon. To make matters worse, he's feeding badly - I'm in the process of weaning him for a number of reasons and he is only taking small amounts from the bottle. So basically everything is all over the place and a bit of a nightmare at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    It's been over a month since I last posted here and unfortunately things aren't much better. He's sleeping for 40min on the dot and not resettling. He's completely shattered by early afternoon. To make matters worse, he's feeding badly - I'm in the process of weaning him for a number of reasons and he is only taking small amounts from the bottle. So basically everything is all over the place and a bit of a nightmare at the moment
    How old is he? How long are you keeping him awake for?

I've found that with DS who is 11 weeks he was catnapping as I was putting him down too early. So I increased awake time to 2 hours and he now sleeps at least 2 hours, sometimes up to 3.

On the occasions he has only done 40 minutes I've got him up and out him upright and he usually has a burp or a fart and then goes back to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Cue, this is no good! I have seen in your other thread about his intolerances and not feeding well. I have found that if they aren't feeding well they tend to not sleep well also, so go easy on yourself until you get the feeding sorted. That doesn't really help with your poor tired baby though does it!
    My DS has reached 12 weeks and the dreaded catnapping has hit us too. I'm trying desperately to cling to our routine, but it is really not easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    How old is he? How long are you keeping him awake for?

I've found that with DS who is 11 weeks he was catnapping as I was putting him down too early. So I increased awake time to 2 hours and he now sleeps at least 2 hours, sometimes up to 3.

On the occasions he has only done 40 minutes I've got him up and out him upright and he usually has a burp or a fart and then goes back to sleep.
    He's almost 5 months and if he does have a rare good nap he can be up for 1.5hrs or thereabouts. Due to the catnapping he's currently rubbing his eyes after 20 mins and absolutely cracking it by 1hr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    Oh Cue, this is no good! I have seen in your other thread about his intolerances and not feeding well. I have found that if they aren't feeding well they tend to not sleep well also, so go easy on yourself until you get the feeding sorted. That doesn't really help with your poor tired baby though does it!
    My DS has reached 12 weeks and the dreaded catnapping has hit us too. I'm trying desperately to cling to our routine, but it is really not easy.
    I'm hoping to get his feeds on a bit of a routine soon and hopefully he'll start taking more and filling his belly. Once the feeds get sorted I really hope it improves his naps.

I hope your DS gets out of the catnapping quickly. It's amazing how frustrating it can get.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (20-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    He's almost 5 months and if he does have a rare good nap he can be up for 1.5hrs or thereabouts. Due to the catnapping he's currently rubbing his eyes after 20 mins and absolutely cracking it by 1hr.
    aaagghh i've just been through this I had to have a couple of days where I just let her catnap all day, wherever however and whenever she wanted.. and she caught up on sleep and seems to be sleeping a bit better now. it's not perfect but i'm not tearing my hair out now either.
    but i also agree with pp that he might not sleep well until you get feeding going well either. have my fingers crossed for you two x

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I have completely weaned DS onto AllerPro formula and he's now feeding pretty well at regular(ish) intervals. His sleep has improved so much since I stopped breastfeeding, he's a totally different baby! So much happier and more relaxed. Today he had 3 naps - 2.5hrs, 1.5hrs and 40min. I got so much done!! He's more alert, rolling in both directions and smiling & laughing. He self settles most of the time and I sometimes hear him stir and he resettles himself. It's such a huge turn-around.

He gets weighed in just over a week and if his gain is good I will finally be confident that we've got him sorted!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (29-12-2014),LittleBug'sMum  (29-12-2014),Redcorset  (02-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that is great news I hope it all goes well for you both. Funny when you get that "ah!" moment when you figure out what was wrong.. babies are puzzles :P

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jellybelly90 For This Useful Post:

Cue  (01-01-2015)