+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had all my three resettle after a catnap by either putting them in the pram and walking or my all time favourite lazy way was to put them in the swing. Eventually they all stopped catnapping and took proper naps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @MissBell and @MrsIsMe - how long did it take before they started doing longer stretches?

It's frustrating because I know he is capable of it, he sleeps long stretches at night and has had long naps in the past. He just seems to struggle at the moment!

I'm also taking him to the GP tomorrow as we want to get his airways checked (he snores and snorts a lot) just to be sure, and to just generally make sure there are no medical reasons why he's not sleeping well. He also had a couple of bouts of sudden intense crying today which is unusual for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say a couple weeks unfortunately nothing with babies is quick, at different stages in development sleep can go bad but I my case has always gotten better again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissBell View Post
    I'd say a couple weeks unfortunately nothing with babies is quick, at different stages in development sleep can go bad but I my case has always gotten better again.
    A couple of weeks is good! I was worried it'd take months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't remember exact timing, but I started really trying to resettle DD at a few months old. I'd stand next to her cot/bassinet and pat, pat, pat. She had 20 minute sleep cycles, and it'd take 20-40 minutes but work most of the time if I persevered. I did this for a month? two? I'm not sure... but ended up giving up on it. In the end I just left her when she woke up, and waited a few minutes. Occasionally she'd go back to sleep after a few minutes. That gradually became more common until she didi t all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD became a daytime catnapper once she started sleeping though at night 11pm-5.30am. It was about the 8/9 week mark. No success story here I'm sorry. I tried patting & shhing, the pram, rocker, swing, and baby carrier but nothing helped resettle her. Once she was awake she was wide-eyed and very alert, even after a 20 min cat nap.

I gave up after a couple of weeks and just accepted that she wasn't going to have long day naps anymore. I'm so much more relaxed now that I'm not spending half my day trying to get her to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've managed to resettle him twice today which has significantly increased the amount of sleep he's had. Very happy with that and hoping he eventually starts stretching his sleeps out on his own.

I took him to the GP today just to get a few things checked and we've got a referral to an ENT. DS snores most nights and snorts quite a lot when he cries or even just randomly. I'm wondering if he's having some trouble breathing properly which might be contributing to the dodgy day sleeps. We have to wait a month for the ENT appointment so I'll keep up the resettling until then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well today has been a good day! DS slept really well overnight (8:30pm - 4am) and has had 3 naps of 30min, 1.5hrs and just under 2hrs. I'm pretty happy with that! I got some down-time and also managed a load of washing and dinner prep.

I'm hoping the good days start happening more often.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I have a success story but DS just woke from his nap. Subbing to add later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I have a success story but DS just woke from his nap. Subbing to add later.
    Can't wait to read your success story!!