+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Resettling success stories?

I am struggling to get my 12wk old DS to sleep for longer than 30 or 40 mins at a time during the day. It's driving me crazy and he's so tired by the end of the day. His weight gain isn't great either which just adds to the stress. He started doing one long sleep per day a few weeks ago but it's all gone downhill again

So I'm trying to persevere with resettling him when he wakes and I'm having occasional success in getting him back to sleep for another sleep cycle.

I really want to hear some success stories from others who have had success with resettling and eventually getting bub to sleep for proper naps on their own. I need motivation to keep persisting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing. I could write this exact post about my 9 week old DS. He wakes after 20-30 mins, and nothing I've tried works to get him to go back down in his bassinet. I pop him in a ring sling and he sleeps, but I'd like him to have at least one good day sleep in his own bed per day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is your DS sleeping at night cue?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He's pretty good at night, once we get him down. Last night he finally went to sleep just before 10pm and slept through until 5am. What about your DS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can try using the pram for day sleeps. I have been doing this lately with my 12 week old and he resettles beautifully when I plug in the dummy and rock the pram back and forth.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pram would be good except I can't actually fit it anywhere in the house (it's a bulky old strider) and he wakes when it stops moving unless we're out somewhere with lots of background noise. I'm trying some white noise in his room now to see if it helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I managed to resettle him this afternoon and got a second sleep cycle out of him but it did take a few attempts and about 30mins before he actually stayed asleep. Before that he just kept waking.

DD is in daycare tomorrow so it's just DS and I all day, so I'm going to stay home and persevere with resettling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is generally good at night, for the first stretch anyway. Down at 7pm and mostly up at 3am lately, occasionally 1-2am. Then up at 4,5,6 and if I Ian get him back down - up for the day at 7. Lol. Good job resettling him! I have us with my DS tonight and let him sleep on me. Almost two hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slightly worrying that no one has posted a success story!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is almost 2 but when she was around 8 weeks I had a lot of trouble getting more than one sleep cycle out of her. I started putting her to sleep in the middle of my bed and when she woke I'd lye next to her and pat back to sleep some times would take a while. Eventually she began sleeping in 2 hr stretches. And then after a while I moved her back to her bassinet. Good luck