+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I am naturally tall skinny athletic and I have small boobs. I have had every guy I have ever dated say I should get a boob job. I have strangers and friends tell me I should get one. I will never get one. I like my small bust. I love tummy sleeping, intercourse in other positions, sports, lack of back ache, wearing fitted geek tshirts, walking around at home braless. I am pregnant and currently have huge boobs and hate it. I can't wait until they are small again.

It does hurt sometimes when I get the comments but I ultimately want to be happy in my own skin more then impress other people. I will be getting loose skin removed off my tummy after the next baby as I have a genetic abnormality where I don't have enough colligen and my skin will never retract after pregnancy. That is fir medical issues though, not cosmetic.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

beebs  (24-10-2014),Fiery  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Where are all these boob jobs? I don't know anyone with a boob job...I think?

If they're not size double H gazoombas how can you tell?

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (22-10-2014),snowqu33n  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the moment I don't feel societal pressure to be thin with nice boobs.... at the moment all I hear is *big is beautiful!!!*.... men like REAL women with CURVES.
    So... being straight up and down, yes I do feel imperfect.

In saying that though, I despise how clothes don't fit me properly, I hate how out of proportion I am, so if I had a spare $10k I would absolutely get a boob job, not because of what society tells me (though I guess it's got something to do with it), but because I would just feel so much better about myself.

As for how that would impact on my kids.... don't know, haven't really thought about it I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont like looking at my bOobies in the mirror because I dont like the look of them. If it made me feel better about myself I would 100% go for it.

Ive never felt pressured by society or anybody. Its a self confidence thing for me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think you'd be surprised how many women from our generation and before (so early 80s and back) have had breast surgery but you just can't tell. Not every women who gets implants gets large noticeable ones. Nobody knows my mom's breast are fake, she had them done after breastfeeding me. They are a small B cup and just look like small, perky breasts. I actually know a few people who have done that, gone from a very small A to a small B.

I have a friend who has a J cup, back pain, self conscious about them, etc. she'll be getting hers done when she's finished breastfeeding. I am also open to getting them done if I am self conscious about them after having children.

I really don't see the point in passing judgement on this, there are so many reasons women have breast surgery. Accept that many make the best decisions for themselves and let it be.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (22-10-2014),Sethysmum  (22-10-2014),Sonja  (22-10-2014),Trudilee  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Each to their own I think. I have no desire to get implants, but would contemplate a reduction/lift. I don't see the point in doing this though until after kids. I see many women come through who have had implants and a strong desire to breast feed. While many surgeons these days do try and keep things intact as much as they can so women still have the option, a lot of the time their supply isn't as good as what it may have been (but we don't know if that's the surgery or not). My only advice would be that if you haven't had kids and you want them and are keen to BF then do your research well before committing. Make sure you're happy with the decision.

On a side note, I once looked after a woman who'd had implants in her younger years... She was in her 80s. I don't know what they used when they did them, but these things were stuck to her ribs (figure of speech). All the breast tissue around the implants and the nipple/areola moved freely, but the implants stayed where they were. Her daughters were embarrassed about it so it was never mentioned (I don't think her daughters even knew until this point). I'm sure the medical technology these days has improved vastly.. at least I hope so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    I enquired about a boob lift about 10 years ago - I've always had saggy boobs and they were especially so after losing a lot of weight. D cup saggy boobs are not much fun. It was going to cost about $10k but I didn't progress with it.

One of the reasons I would like to have a boob lift is I do a lot of exercise and no matter how good a sports bra is I still get a considerable bounce. I even wear a sports bra doing yoga, weight lifting or cycle classes, that's how bad the bounce is. I need underwire in bathers to give some support. I also wear singlets with the shelf bra or nightime bras to bed because I can't stand how much they move when I'm bra free. I remember the midwife who was helping me feed DD describe them as "pendulous".
    I feel the same way. I'm an E-F cup and I just can't STAND to not have a bra on. Even at night in bed I have to wear a singlet 2 sizes too small just to hold them firm. Or if I'm topless with DP I spoon him and press into him to stop the movement or tummy sleep.

I'm also the same re yoga and needing underwires in bathers. The last time I wore bathers with no support or bra I think I was about 14!

I can not identify with women who "get home from work and can't wait to take their bra off" LOL. I keep mine on until the very last minute.

I always wanted a reduction but held off till I have my kids. I'll wait and see what I look like and how self-accepting I feel after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I think you'd be surprised how many women from our generation and before (so early 80s and back) have had breast surgery but you just can't tell. Not every women who gets implants gets large noticeable ones.
    Yep these days they don't look like the Pamela Anderson boobs that look like 2 rocks stuck to her chest. Many have the implants under the muscle, which apparently takes longer to heal but makes them less p*rn star-like and more natural looking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Explora View Post
    I feel the same way. I'm an E-F cup and I just can't STAND to not have a bra on. Even at night in bed I have to wear a singlet 2 sizes too small just to hold them firm. Or if I'm topless with DP I spoon him and press into him to stop the movement or tummy sleep.

I'm also the same re yoga and needing underwires in bathers. The last time I wore bathers with no support or bra I think I was about 14!

I can not identify with women who "get home from work and can't wait to take their bra off" LOL. I keep mine on until the very last minute.

I always wanted a reduction but held off till I have my kids. I'll wait and see what I look like and how self-accepting I feel after that.
    I'm the same. I'm an E non pg, I'm currently an F cup and will end up a G or H by the end of this pg. I wear a bra 24/7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Yep these days they don't look like the Pamela Anderson boobs that look like 2 rocks stuck to her chest. Many have the implants under the muscle, which apparently takes longer to heal but makes them less p*rn star-like and more natural looking.
    There are also tear-drop shaped implants now rather than just circular convex implants. The tear-drop implants give a natural "flat on top" and rounded underneath which look super-realistic and don't give you that awful push-up-bra fake look which, IMHO, looks as bad/obviously fake as overdone lips :O