+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Me over here, I've had mine done I got them done when I was in my early 20's. I was a flat A cup.

I did a lot of research beforehand and got them done in Australia, I'm way too scared to go OS and get them done, although I do know people who have.

The main reason I choose to get my boobs done was I was so flat I could never fill a top nicely and to help me feel more womanly and confident about myself.

I'm now a D cup which is a size I am happy with, I have had my DD since having mine done and was able to breastfeed.

I like that I am able to wear tops and dresses and don't have to wear a bra and my breasts sit nicely.

I think each to their own. I know a fair few girls who have had theirs done or their breasts lifted or reduced. I also know girls who have had a tummy tuck.

I don't think anyone should be judged for having cosmetic surgery in any way, if you didn't know I had my boobs done you wouldn't look at me and go "she's got fake boobs".

I think that having fake boobs is actually less impacting on your appearance (once they settle down that is) that having collagen in your lips and botox in your face.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to French Pear For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (22-10-2014),Trudilee  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    But how are they seeing women having plastic surgery? I have a 9 year old girl and she wouldn't have a clue about cosmetic surgery.

I don't see that many women doing it (maybe I'm not looking hard enough). But honestly unless you are in the position some of these women are in you can't really judge.

OP by your own admission you are a very slim person. I really think this is something you can't understand (sorry I don't meant to sound condescending). You wouldn't tell an overweight person not to have weight loss surgery would you?

ETA my mother was large busted and had 4 kids before she was 30 and hated her boobs for her entire life. I have strong memories of her complaining about backaches. I'd have rather she'd had surgery and then enjoyed her following 40 years and not felt self conscious about them.
    They're not seeing women having plastic surgery, but they are seeing a whole heap of unnaturally perky boobs as a 'norm.'

You're right, I am slim. I also have next to no boobs. You have no idea the amount of times I've been told 'you would look so good with breast implants' or when I was breastfeeding and did have bigger (not big, just bigger to my norm) boobs 'oh you should so get implants when you're done breastfeeding so your boobs look like that all the time.' I'm fit and healthy, but it seems like that isn't enough these days...you've got be fit, healthy, and have a perfect rack. You're right in that I wouldn't comment on someone getting weight loss surgery because I've never had to try to lose weight and I don't know what it is like. I do however know what it's like to not have a nice 'rack' and I do know what it's like to have to adjust to a 'post pregnancy' body.
    And really, I'm just trying to understand why there is such a big emphasis on having the perfect 'set' these days. It never used to be like that I'm sure. I do wonder what effect it will have on future generations. I know a girl who got breast implants at 18 because she took a guy home for a one night stand and he asked her to put her top back on because he didn't like her boobs It's that kind of stuff that I find really worrying.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I enquired about a boob lift about 10 years ago - I've always had saggy boobs and they were especially so after losing a lot of weight. D cup saggy boobs are not much fun. It was going to cost about $10k but I didn't progress with it.

One of the reasons I would like to have a boob lift is I do a lot of exercise and no matter how good a sports bra is I still get a considerable bounce. I even wear a sports bra doing yoga, weight lifting or cycle classes, that's how bad the bounce is. I need underwire in bathers to give some support. I also wear singlets with the shelf bra or nightime bras to bed because I can't stand how much they move when I'm bra free. I remember the midwife who was helping me feed DD describe them as "pendulous".

I have no desire to spend my days trying to conform to patriarchal expectations of beauty but I figure we get one shot a life so make it your best life possible and if that includes a nip and tuck then so be it. I think there is a line somewhere between cosmetic surgery for 'you' and cosmetic surgery to conform to patriarchal expectations, I'm not sure where it is though.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Explora  (22-10-2014),olismumma  (22-10-2014),themissingpiece  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Yeah being told you should have a boob job would be awful.

I guess the only reason why it would be more prevalent is maybe it's more accessilbe and people who once couldn't have afforded it can get it done now? Or maybe more people did get it done before but are just more open about it these days. I haven't really thought it was more prevalent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Yeah being told you should have a boob job would be awful.

I guess the only reason why it would be more prevalent is maybe it's more accessilbe and people who once couldn't have afforded it can get it done now? Or maybe more people did get it done before but are just more open about it these days. I haven't really thought it was more prevalent.
    I agree.

I think that is more accessible to the younger generations than ever before, more talked about, and with reality shows and so on its shown as more "normal" than it used to be to have cosmetic surgery done.

Also with packages available which can include an all expenses paid cosmetic surgery holiday, I'm sure it means more people think "why not I'm getting an overseas holiday and boobs?" even some places offer an interest free payment plan for cosmetic surgery so this again makes it more accessible for people than ever before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps I am over thinking it, it's just such a big trend in the area I live...but maybe it's not so prominent in other parts of Australia? Anyway, it was just something I was musing over this afternoon as yet another friend told me she's made an appointment to see a plastic surgeon to get implants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so much cheaper now . $6000 in Sydney . I would love to get mine done but don't think I would ever go through with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a DD cup, I'd LOVE a lift if I could afford it. It would help so much. Like a pp said - exercise, sports bras really aren't that great for me. They still seem uncontrollable.

I personally don't like implants, I don't like the look, can't say I don't like the feel as I've never felt them lol

I'm happy with my size just not the perky part (terrible wording, I know)
    I feel absolutely disgusting most days. Everything needs underwire or it looks like they are at my knees (ok, exaggeration)

But if implants make someone feel better than each to their own 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I guess the big deal is that so many women don't accept their 'post baby' body. That we're teaching future generations of women that after you've had a baby you still need to look just like you did pre-babies in order to still feel attractive.
    Maybe I'm over thinking it, and I do teach my kids to be happy with their bodies the way they are...but it's hard to get them to listen to that message when all they see is women have plastic surgery.
    I worry about the extremes women are going to to have the 'perfect' body. It's all about anti-ageing these days...but only for women. Men can age gracefully (or not so) but women are still expected to be wrinkle free, have no grey hair, perky boobs and a flat tummy in order to be considered attractive.
    DP and I were discussing this last night. I don't walk around without a bra on because I am self conscious and embarrassed about them, it has nothing to do with him or a anyone else.

Even if no one is home, I wear a bra or if not I literally have to hold them up because they are just too large for gravity not to have taken it's course. It has nothing to do with beauty. I don't feel I need to compete but I shouldn't have live with the embarrassment of what was genetically passed on.

Surely I shouldn't feel ashamed of doing what is best for me? It may not be what you consider beauty, but we live in this beautiful country that gives us the freedom of choice.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomia For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I really hate that society places so much pressure on us to have perky perfect boobs. Having said that, if I had the cash, I would totally get mine done. I have big boobs, but they are revolting and I really want a lift. I cringe writing that bc I want to be a role model to my daughter to love and accept who I am, and I don't want to buy into these cultural expectations. But I can't help it. I hate them.