+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sky1 View Post
    Yep, the one thing that springs to mind is the recent increase in labiaplasty procedures in Australia because women believe they aren't normal (and men are starting to tell women they don't look normal, compared to what they've seen in movies/magazines).

I think one of the things that needs to change are the classification rules surrounding p.orn magazines.

That is just vile - WTF!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Okay I am passionate about this because dd2 is having cosmetic surgery soon. We are just waiting on this growth spurt to finish and than we will start the process. While it's not her b00bs. It is a big op and part is medical and part is for purely cosmetic reasons.

I know what it is like to be treated as a freak and I would never want that for my worst enemy. So the thought of it happening to my dd kills me. I want to stop it before it starts.

Think of me what you want. I know a lot people will think I am terrible to put my dd through this at as a early teen. I don't care. I know what I am doing is right for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Whoops sorry - I replied to you before you posted this! Not having a go at you, I swear!

Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    I didn't mean you as beebs said that but lots of people have given off that impression.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Whoops sorry - I replied to you before you posted this! Not having a go at you, I swear!
    I know that. Your not the kind to do that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I understand. I promise. I can totally understand why you want to make things easier on your daughter!

Okay I am passionate about this because dd2 is having cosmetic surgery soon. We are just waiting on this growth spurt to finish and than we will start the process. While it's not her b00bs. It is a big op and part is medical and part is for purely cosmetic reasons.

I know what it is like to be treated as a freak and I would never want that for my worst enemy. So the thought of it happening to my dd kills me. I want to stop it before it starts.

Think of me what you want. I know a lot people will think I am terrible to put my dd through this at as a early teen. I don't care. I know what I am doing is right for her.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why can't people also see that some women just want to do it for THEM. Not because of what society has told them is normal/beautiful etc.

I wear makeup for me, I get tattooed for me, I colour my hair for me... Why should boobs be any different? Not everything is because of "society".

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

FartingRainbows  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I know that. Your not the kind to do that.

After all my ranting and raving about how we should all just be the way we are. My DS2 had some non medical cosmetic surgery when he was a baby (just a local in out type thing) because he was born with a growth and I couldn't stand the thought of him being singled out and picked on over it. Sigh - society sucks!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Oh I wholeheartedly agree that your own view of yourself is another cause of self esteem / mental health issues and I see it as another issue all together.

It is the external pressure placed on girls to look a certain way that I hate. It so much worse than when I was a teenager in the 80s. As an example my 25kg 10 year old thinks she is fat because her thighs are slightly meaty.
    I agree. I just believe that you can't just blame wholly and solely for it. Women have been modifying their bodies in the name of beauty from the day dot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Why can't people also see that some women just want to do it for THEM. Not because of what society has told them is normal/beautiful etc.

I wear makeup for me, I get tattooed for me, I colour my hair for me... Why should boobs be any different? Not everything is because of "society".
    THIS!
    I get tattoos = for me
    I have piercings = for me
    I bleach and colour up my hair = for me
    I wear makeup = for me
    I want new boobs = for me
    I want new lips = for me

At no stage have any of the lemmings within society made me feel like I "need to change" or that something is wrong with me I like feeling good, if that means continuing with the above or adding to it then awesome. None of the above means I hate myself or unhappy nor will it teach my girls anything negative

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FartingRainbows For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (25-10-2014),SheWarrior  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I don't always buy the "I do it for me" argument.

Why do you want to do it for you? Because you don't want to live with real or perceived social pressures of being less than perfect?

There has to be a line in the sand.. The "I want to do it for me" argument can't be used for everything. At some point we've got to say it doesn't matter, the message it's sending is not cool... What would you do if your young daughter wanted to look like those kids in the child beauty pageants... Fake teeth, spray tan, hair extensions, false eyelashes, caked on make up, boob tube tops .... And used the "I want to do it to make myself feel better" line? You would call BS because with a child it is sooooooo obvious that they are like sponges taking in the inappropriate expectations of others. It's not so obvious with adults, but it should be.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

beebs  (25-10-2014),Full House  (25-10-2014),HappyBovinexx  (24-10-2014),HarvestMoon  (24-10-2014),MissMuppet  (24-10-2014),Stiflers Mom  (25-10-2014)