+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Fake boobs...

Why are they so popular now? I know an unbelievable amount of people who have fake boobs. Why can't women just be happy with their bodies the way they are? What are we teaching future generations about body image?
    Can someone please explain it to me because I don't understand it.

The majority of the women who I know that have them are quite fit, and therefore don't have a lot of natural boobs...which is NORMAL given breasts are essentially fat. I have never had big breasts so it's not that I don't understand what it's like to be flat chested because I do. I just don't understand how fake breasts have managed to become so popular. I live near a beach, and I swear every 3rd woman under the age of 35 on the beach has fake breasts.

I know this sounds like a vent, but I really do worry about the impact this is going to have on the future generations when all they see is fake boobs and a beach full of muscular, body building type bodies. Aren't we just giving kids a warped view on what they can expect to look like as an adult?

Don't get me wrong...I am ALL for living a fit and healthy lifestyle...I just wonder if it's all going too far and it's no longer about being fit and healthy, but having the 'perfect' body.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have every intention of getting a nice set of boobs once I'm done having kids!

What I've got after breastfeeding is dismal! Saggy and small, I don't feel attractive with them the way they are. So I'll treat myself when we're over the baby years!

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to monkey&&me For This Useful Post:

FartingRainbows  (24-10-2014),gamermummy  (24-10-2014),KillerHeels  (22-10-2014),KitiK  (22-10-2014),LoCo  (10-07-2015),Night Owl  (22-10-2014),SAgirl  (14-05-2015),Soon2be4  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with you. I'm not a fan of my boobs because they are quite saggy after my 3 bubs and going up and down sizes a lot. But there's no way I'd ever put silicone in there. I find the concept of it a bit weird honestly. I wouldn't mind a lift if it was possible (it's not, I don't have enough) but to put something fake in there has never made sense to me. Each to their own though. I have friends who have had it done and it's made them far more confident and happy with themselves, so I guess that's all that matters really

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    See this is the thing, I'm pretty sure that there have been plenty of generations of small or saggy boobs out there, but this is the only generation that have gone 'well my boobs aren't what they used to be' and go and fork out thousands to have plastic surgery to get the 'perfect' boobs again.

Not to pick on you Monkey&&Me, you are just the first to reply, but it's that thought process that you posted that I'm talking about. The I feel unattractive so I'll just go and buy a set of boobs that I do like, instead of being able to accept the natural changes that occur after having kids thought process. Do you worry about the impact this may have on your daughter's view of her own body in the future? That she must have big perky boobs to be attractive?

My concern is that women are full of plastic bits, but men aren't. Men pretty themselves up with a nice hair cut and clothes...women pretty themselves up with plastic surgery. I find this so worrying.
    Last edited by Full House; 22-10-2014 at 13:24.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

beebs  (24-10-2014),monkey&&me  (22-10-2014),VicPark  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think a lot of women are simply unhappy with their breasts. They see a way to 'fix' this, and they go for it.

I am large busted, so I've never considered it. I was also fortunate not to experience the significant sagging that a lot of women are left with post pregnancy.

I suppose it's just one of the many ways we enhance our appearance, it's just at the more extreme end of the scale.

I'm not for or against boob jobs. Their body their choice.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (22-10-2014),monkey&&me  (22-10-2014),Night Owl  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have very large boobs for my frame, and they are natural. I would gladly give these giant bowling balls away to someone who thinks they are worth paying for.

Let them suffer through back/ neck pain, sweat rashes and no tops/bras that fit your frame without going up 2 sizes just to fit your boobs.

Then there are the comments when you have a baby and try to bf, whole other saga.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomia For This Useful Post:

Star81  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the damage to future generations has already been done with the almost unachievable task modern media has set out for body image. I don't know that I'd actually ever get plastic surgery but I like to think about what I would do if I could. Perhaps saggy boobs just aren't something that can be fixed with exercise and healthy lifestyle and if they can be fixed by surgery and those people are happy to have it good on them, as for the impact on future generations we can only try to foster happy body feelings and acceptance where possible during thee upbringing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I am a DD and breast feeding 4 kids has taken their toll. So yes I do think I'll get them done at some stage. Not increased or decreased just lifted.

I think this is one of those areas that unless you actually experience it it's impossible to know how it feels. I really don't like the way they look now and get backaches from them sagging. And I spend a lot of money on supportive bras.

As for the message it sends my kids (I have 3 girls), I haven't really thought about what I'd tell them at this stage (it's probably a few years away).

If it can make someone feel happier or more confident I don't see an issue.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (22-10-2014),Soon2be4  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomia View Post
    I have very large boobs for my frame, and they are natural. I would gladly give these giant bowling balls away to someone who thinks they are worth paying for.

Let them suffer through back/ neck pain, sweat rashes and no tops/bras that fit your frame without going up 2 sizes just to fit your boobs.

Then there are the comments when you have a baby and try to bf, whole other saga.
    LOL is that for real? You're suffering bac/neck pain? Anyway I have a small boobs that's why I don't know anything about the disadvantages of having a big boobs.I'm only using 34 B bra

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyzofhie View Post
    LOL is that for real? You're suffering bac/neck pain? Anyway I have a small boobs that's why I don't know anything about the disadvantage of having a big booboe.I'm only using 34 B bra
    Why is that so hard to believe? Women with large boobs can get horrendous back and neck pain.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (22-10-2014),BlackDiamond  (22-10-2014),LaDiDah  (22-10-2014),LoveLivesHere  (22-10-2014),Mod-Degrassi  (22-10-2014),munchkin275  (25-10-2014),PomPoms  (22-10-2014),PrincessPud  (22-10-2014),Sookie Stackedhouse  (24-10-2014),SpecialPatrolGroup  (22-10-2014),Star81  (22-10-2014)