+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default TTC after miscarriage

I got my much longed for bfp beginning of september. Unfortunately I lost the bub at the end of September. I was never given any advice on when to start TTC again, and DH and I have been BD lots since I stopped bleeding. The last few days I have had lots of cramping and back pain and today got a positive opk. But now I'm worried, is all this pain a sign that everything isn't healed and that I should hold off trying? Has anyone got a bfp straight after a miscarriage and was it a sticky bub?

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    First of all, I'd like to say that I'm really sorry to hear about your MC, I followed your posts a little bit and was heartbroken when your results weren't positive ones.

Doctors say to wait one or two full cycles before TTC again (so that your endometrium lining has time to build itself back up). If you can hold off I'd say wait a full cycle with no intermittent bleeding before you start trying again.

There are lots and lots of women on here who have gotten UTD straight after a MC and gone on to have perfectly healthy bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it depends how far along you were. I have read a lot about TTC after chemicals/really early miscarriages and many people tried the next month and got BFPs. But if you were further along then I am not too sure.

Did you get your hcg level checked or an ultrasound after?

Sorry for your loss xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tazz475 View Post
    First of all, I'd like to say that I'm really sorry to hear about your MC, I followed your posts a little bit and was heartbroken when your results weren't positive ones.

Doctors say to wait one or two full cycles before TTC again (so that your endometrium lining has time to build itself back up). If you can hold off I'd say wait a full cycle with no intermittent bleeding before you start trying again.

There are lots and lots of women on here who have gotten UTD straight after a MC and gone on to have perfectly healthy bubs.
    Thank you so much that's so sweet to hear. Well I might give TTC a break till I get a period, I think I would feel so much guilt if I got a bfp and something went wrong because I didn't wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ponypal View Post
    I think it depends how far along you were. I have read a lot about TTC after chemicals/really early miscarriages and many people tried the next month and got BFPs. But if you were further along then I am not too sure.

Did you get your hcg level checked or an ultrasound after?

Sorry for your loss xx
    Thank you.

I was around 6 weeks. I haven't had my hcg checked or an ultrasound, I had one a few days before I lost the baby and the levels had really slowed down, it only got to 560 at it's highest which is quite low so I think it dropped quickly and would all be out of my system now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was told to wait till proper af to try again... but I was bit further along. Sorry to hear of ur loss

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a mc at 8 was and was told by the obstetrician that I was fine to try again straight away. I think some doctors say to wait so that it's easier for dating but they can date accurately with scans.