+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What do you do to "play" with your 10 week old baby between feeds and sleeps?

Hi Ladies,
    I'm just wondering what you all do/did to play with your baby in between feeds and sleeps. I'm running out of ideas. My baby is 9 1/2 weeks old and so can't grab on to toys just yet and I'm finding it difficult to think of things to stimulate her and keep her occupied. She's quite happy to lure on her play may and wriggle around hitting the toys hanging, but this only lasts about 15 minutes before she starts to get grizzly/bored.
    TIA ladies.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Plonk baby in front of a swaying tree. Sing to bub. Read books, play peekaboo.

At that age nudie time during nappy changes is play time.

You don't need to stimulate bub. At that age living is stimulating enough.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

debsch  (23-10-2014),HeavenBlue  (22-10-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (24-10-2014),Starfish30  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have a look at the gymbaroo website. It has little videos that show activities you can do with bub that help to stimulate them.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just sang a lot. I read books sometimes, but mostly he just observed and that was enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't do anything special aside from the play mat. I just move baby to where I am so they can watch me. I had a hi lo high chair that reclined and that was awesome with number 1, he would watch me in the kitchen, watch me fold washing. I just talk about what I'm doing with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just walking around the house or outside. Looking at shades and contrasts. Looking at trees. Looking at you doing Housework. They don't need a lot to be entertained at this age. You will have plenty of time to play together down the track!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also had trouble with this op. Mostly he would sit in his rocker & watch what I was doing, lie on his mat & id talk to him, sing songs, show him toys (even though he couldnt reach for stuff he liked looking at them), read books.

Sometimes id carry him outside & show him round the yard or sit under the pergola with him

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find DD has a tolerance of about 15 min max under the play mat with hanging toys then she cracks it. She sits in the pram or lays on a rug & watches me do housework or cooking a fair bit. We have a "chat" after each feed & now she is a bit older (17 weeks) she is starting to try to move towards toys on her rug. She also freaking loves looking at trees! But really at that age just observing life seems to be enough.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

debsch  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post

You don't need to stimulate bub. At that age living is stimulating enough.
    THIS! Ditto! Don't go out of your way to entertain a baby that young. They don't need it and you don't want them to expect it. Our bub at the moment is being "entertained" by her brother who is playing with a train next to her. He was "entertained" when he was little by watching me hang out the washing, do the dishes, that kind of thing. When he got grizzly I put him in a carrier and carried on doing what I was doing. When she gets grizzly, sometimes I do the same, put her in a carrier, or sometimes I flip her on to her tummy and she grizzles her way to sleep.
    Last edited by debsch; 23-10-2014 at 11:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sing him rhymes - he loves incey wincey spider! I lie him on the change table and he looks up at the mobile. Lay him on play mat. I massage him. I talk out loud if I'm reading something and he just stares at me. I show him toys. I feel guilty if I just let him sit in the bouncer while I'm doing something lazy like watching TV!