+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mushey and Bongley

You too Moon Baby...

Will try again next year. Love how they say with such a cheerful tone, oh just call us next CD1.. yeah umm thanks.. (I had only 1 egg collected and speciliast wasn't sure why (as issue is MFI), so have to do another stim cycle if I want to try again..)

Good luck to all those with BTs today/this week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzzy View Post
    Thanks Mushey and Bongley

You too Moon Baby...

Will try again next year. Love how they say with such a cheerful tone, oh just call us next CD1.. yeah umm thanks.. (I had only 1 egg collected and speciliast wasn't sure why (as issue is MFI), so have to do another stim cycle if I want to try again..)

Good luck to all those with BTs today/this week!
    @Lizzzy Was this your first ivf? Did you have only a few follicles? Sorry can't read back I am on my phone! I hope they can tweak your meds and you get a better egg haul next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley I had lots of follies and it looked good at scan etc. so doctor was a bit mystified. She said she'd up the doses next time around. The meds were started low I guess like they usually do..it was frustrating to say the least!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry @Moon Baby and @Lizzzy Big big hugs to you both xoxo

@Lizzzy, I'm sure this is probably a silly question but, were you on any supplements for egg quality??

@DaniSam - did you actually mean counselling or just that first "IVF talk" you do with a FN to get started? You did originally say "interview" so I think it'll just be a talk where they explain the whole cycle out in detail and it gives you an opportunity to ask as many questions as you like and go over any part you're concerned about....I don't think it'll be counsellor that you talk to, just one of your clinics fertility nurses I researched IVF myself and then took along my little list of questions to my first IVF appointment. It's a lot of information to take on but they'll give you literature to take home which is pretty easy to understand.....good luck Hun

AFM - I got the call for a cancelled appointment from Dr Warren (Wazza) DeAmbrosis room yesterday morning for an appointment that afternoon! So it was a crazy rush seeing if my boss could cover me so I could leave work early. I had to call my GP's office to fax my referral to Wazza's office as my appointment wasn't supposed to be until July 2015 so I hadn't bothered to do too much about it! I then had to fax my 'Consent to release' my file to my current FC rooms and track down my DH to sign his part. Then after a super-quick stop home to jump in the shower and umm..."freshen and tidy-up" down- stairs , I then rushed like mad through pre-G20 traffic to get to his rooms in Brisbane which is an hour from where I live! Probably the first time I haven't got ridiculously lost in Brisbane City too.....Lady Luck was on my side all day (about b@@dy time!) and it all worked out great Wow, what a massive weight off my shoulders!!! I was there for about 2 solid hours and we covered absolutely everything and considered every possible reason for all of my miscarriages. He ordered a heap more tests and it was SUCH a weight off to feel like here was someone who was just as keen, if not more, to step back and look at the big picture and get to the bottom of my infertility & miscarriage problems. He had another FS/Ob sitting next to him so the both of them were throwing back and forth ideas and suggestions the whole time too......fan-bl00dy-tastic!
    Last edited by Ladydee; 13-11-2014 at 07:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just normal stuff @Ladydee but nothing specific. FS seems is more related to the doses of medication she was giving me and was going to change it around (all other tests pointed to fine with me, so it' was weird! - scan looked good etc . and she did a lot of tests before I started...)

That's great you got an appointment!! Good luck in sorting out something!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizzzy For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee that is FANTASTIC! Have heard nothing but amazing things about Wazza so I trust you are in good hands. What a great early Christmas gift to get in. I really hope he is able to get your some answers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Moon Baby oh I'm so sorry good luck with your FETs.
    @MrsTugs & @lileitak counselling isn't mandatory at either of the clinics I've been to. Only mandatory with donor eggs I think.
    Like @MrsTugs said - must vary by state. I do use the term counselling lightly... but they did tell us we could come back and talk to them at any time, so they must be qualified.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

iluvjax  (13-11-2014),Little Ted  (13-11-2014),SJ565  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I took another booster this morning so I'll probably skip testing tmrw. Ahh who am I kidding, I'll test lmao

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mushy View Post
    ha ha @MrsTuggs you will probably break the tester with all the hcg
    Haha my boosters are only tiny so I've probably got way more natural hcg now than the booster will even introduce. Not sure if te line will be affected much, but it always makes u question it !!!