+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @iluvjax the transfer is pretty straight forward similar to a pap smear they put a small catheter and transfer the embryo and then the embryologist checks that the the catheter is clear and the egg has been successfully transferred they actually took back into a room and checked thru microscope all very professional. Hope your feeling better after EPU and being a bit uncomfortable I got acupuncture too after EPU and after transfer and it really helped with the bloating. Good luck for transfer
    @Jk565 Yahhhh for being PUPO the bloating and constipation is no fun. Metamucil is your friend LOL. I heard its from the anaesthetic that causes it. Hope the 2WW goes fast for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Updated Roll Call if I have missed anyone SORRY trying to keep up as best I can with the thread. Just let me know and Ill add you.

Roll Call

Contraceptive Pill & Stimming (Red)

@Twinkley- On pill till 15 November and 19 November start stimming

Waiting for EPU / ET (Blue)
    @SJ89 - Waiting for EPU and ET
    @emily3011 Waiting for EPU on 7 November
    @lileitak Stimming EPU around 10 November
    @iluvjax EPU 5 November

FET (Green)

@Rarah11 Stimming for FET 7 November
    @Mushy FET mid Nov
    @MrsBubbles FET 14 Nov
    @Lissa081 FET 14 Nov
    @SallyGirl FET 24 Nov

PUPO / 2WW (PURPLE)

@Lizzzy - BT 12th November
    @MoonBaby - BT 12th November
    @Rocky27 - BT 13th November
    @LuckyDucky - BT 13th November
    @JK565 - BT ???
    @Keiko2012 - BT ???
    @MrsTugs - BT ???

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Twinkley For This Useful Post:

iluvjax  (10-11-2014),lissa081  (09-11-2014),MrsBubbles  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post

hi @Topdeck glad there is something going on in there! When is your first scan? I am day 3 of injections so I think we'll be TWW buddies? Yes, its true about expectations, I had some high ones last cycle and was bitterly disappointed.

Good luck everyone.
    Thanks @Bongley ! I am day 5 of jabs but don't know yet when my first ultrasound will be; last time it wasn't until day 10! But I'm hoping to respond better this time. Given that we had 0/3 eggs fertilise last time, I have a lot of miracles to happen even BEFORE the 2WW, however, it will be nice to have company if I do get there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Twinkley thanks for the roll call! Sorry I haven't updated on this thread, I had my EPU on Friday and we got 19 eggs, so far 13 fertilised (last update was in Saturday). My transfer is due tomorrow but I am worried about OHSS due to severe pain after my procedure and still not being 100% plus bloating. So I'm hoping to see my dr today to get completely checked out before I go ahead. To be honest I think I would prefer some time to completely recover so that I can be at my best health before the transfer.

Hope everyone is going well! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Twinkley my BT is 17th :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvjax View Post
    Can anyone explain to me what the embryo transfer is like? Thanks.
    @iluvjax For the embryo transfer (from my experience- had 3 transferred so far, 2 fresh and 1 frozen) it's strip everything off from the waist down and wear a hospital gown, hospital bathrobe and funny feet covers and hair cover. You take the bathrobe off once you're in the theatre and lie on the table with your feet up in the stirrups and everything on display! The FS puts a speculum in (like at your Pap smear)- I usually find it quite uncomfortable. The FS uses a catheter to squirt the embryo into your uterus. Then the scientist goes and checks the catheter under a microscope to make sure the embryo isn't still in it. You get into a wheelchair (bathrobe back on) and go sit in recovery for a little while, then you can go. Because there's no anaesthetic, there's no fasting and you can drive. Your husband/partner can go in with you for the transfer- he will wear hair cover, hospital gown over his clothes and shoe covers. I like to have hubby's hand to squeeze when the speculum goes in! It's all much simpler than the egg collection. I drove myself to the transfer that resulted in DS! Good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBubbles For This Useful Post:

iluvjax  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Twinkley my HPT (I will also request BT) will be 24th November (for when you next update roll call). Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok now that I know what it means I am officially PUPO. The transfer was so easy - even got to see the little embryo and watch it get put in on the ultrasound. So cool! The Dr told me it was an excellent quality AA blastocyst. Anyone care to explain what that means?

Thanks for the info @MrsBubbles
    @emily3011 did you end up having your transfer today? I hope you're feeling better. I only started feeling better yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @iluvjax Sorry- seems my info was too late! Glad you found it easy, and you're lucky your FS uses ultrasound so you got to see it! You can google blastocyst, but excellent quality AA sounds very good. We've never been given an actual grading on our embryos, but were told the one that became DS was a really fast-growing one that had started compacting early. All the best!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBubbles For This Useful Post:

iluvjax  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @iluvjax thank you! I had an appointment with my dr today and it looks like I have OHSS so my transfer is not likely to go ahead. She has given me the rest of the week off. I still have my appointment tomorrow which was supposed to be my transfer and my dr wants me to still turn up for another assessment but said it's very unlikely it will go ahead. I will probably have to wait until next year. I'm ok with that if it's the case cause I'm still feeling pretty terrible and all I want is to feel better! The good news is 10 of our fertilised eggs are still looking good. So I guess that's the main thing.