+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @teebeekay follow your heart and you will never go wrong - and we are all here to support u mate
    @Bongley aha yes my friend we meet again! It's funny I was looking at a couple of kids the other day and the parents told me they were both ivf (biopsied) from the same batch, (one 3, one 5 - technically twins I guess). They were both products of a 10th cycle and she had had a second lap for endo. Great story hey!

Yes, self care has gotten me through. I didn't think I was particularly a strong person before ivf but that is the gift you receive that nobody tells you about. You realise you are in fact stronger than you ever thought you were, despite being faced with all your weaknesses, and dealing with any relationships issues that pop up. However, in life I've always found that your greatest monster is curled around your greatest treasure. Every person here is brave simply for the face they've decided to give it a go. Have some confidence in yourself, if you don't, no one else will.

does anyone know the song ' you can do it ' by ice cube?' I always used to play that one when second guessing myself facing a steep double black run on my snowboard. I still play it when the chips are down .

Afm feeling quite nauseated and unwell today, tummy popped out. Suspecting it's the increased dose of fsh taking hold, I'm about day 5 jabs. Was going to go skateboarding this morning but since I have to work tonight, I'm thinking Id better sit in the aircon for a bit with the therapy kittens and pick at some nutritious food until I feel better. Scan early tomorrow morning and we will see what's cooking. I didn't have much action this time last time until he out me on the luveris and upped my dose then wow snap crackle pop the eggs were sizzling in the pan.

Best of luck ladies ! Xx
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 09-11-2014 at 12:21.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

lissa081  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, there have been a lot of posts since I was last on! Welcome to those who have joined this thread, and commiserations to those who've had bad news and are waiting again. Hang in there!

Hi @Bongley and @Butterfly39 - I think you were in the March thread too? Let's hope this is the month for us!

I had my scan on Thursday and FS said my lining was perfect. He's doubled my dose of ethinyl oestradiol though. FN said our frostie is a Day 6 which is apparently good news that it got that far. I mentioned to her that the scientist didn't give us much hope in our March cycle when they defrosted both frosties and said neither looked very good. FN talked to the scientists after I left and rang me later to say they said they'd had a look at our final frostie and it looked okay, and they changed the day I started progesterone because apparently they have better pregnancy rates when they treat a Day 6 embie as a Day 5. So I started my progesterone today, and have my transfer on Friday. So I'm feeling a bit more hopeful than I was previously.

Has anyone else found that the medication makes you really tired and emotional? I've been bursting into tears a lot. Plus getting super stressed with trying to toilet train DS (I've given up for now, it was too much).

and to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    BTW, if anyone needs a good laugh (and who doesn't when doing IVF?), this made me laugh till I cried:

http://www.amazon.com/BIC-Cristal-1-...RankDescending

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBubbles For This Useful Post:

Topdeck  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by teebeekay View Post
    Hi everyone,
    this is the first time I've ever posted to a forum so apologies if I do something wrong. Here's my story, I'm 32 and my husband is 34. We have been trying to conceive for 18 months. After a miscarriage in December last year and then no luck after that, we started seeing a clinic in July. DH has abnormal sperm and I have high level APA's. So with the two of us contributing to the problem, we decided to go straight into ICSI. After collecting 15 eggs and a mild case of OHSS, we ended up with 7 embryos, one which was transferred and 6 which were frozen. The transfer resulted in a BFN which absolutely gutted me, it never even crossed my mind that it wasn't going to work, stupid I know. Then to top things off, I was told that I had to wait for a natural cycle before we could try again, more tears.
    Anyway, here I am, AF arrived on the 11th Of October and I was told to go back to the clinic on day 10 to measure the thickness of the lining, it was 6.6mm, so I had to go back in a week when it was 7mm. More drugs and more pessaries and come back in another week, that was this Tuesday and it hadn't thickened at all! Now I'm really stressing, I'm taking 11 tablets a day plus 2 pessaries and I'm really starting to freak out about what they're doing to me.
    And to top things off, I've started to have anxiety attacks this week which have resulted in tummy troubles so I haven't been able to eat much all week.
    Anyway, sorry for the essay, but I found that reading everybody else's posts really calmed me down and I thought that if anyone else was going through what I am, maybe my story will help them feel like they're not alone.
    Good luck and lots of love to all the women out there going through this traumatic time and I hope we can all get through it together with our sanity in tact.
    I don't think you are stupid for thinking it would work first go. I think it is important to stay positive, it's hope that keeps us going.
    I have had a few disappointments along the way, and with those I have allowed myself to grieve/cry. I think it is important to acknowledge your feelings, and go through the usual train of thoughts "why me?" Or " it's not fair" . I think doing this helps you end a chapter and start focusing on the next step. I have transfer late this month and I 100% feel it is going to work! I'm so excited thinking I could be pregnant soon.
    Everyone deals with their emotions differently, there is no right or wrong. Just take your time and acknowledge how your feeling, if your sad/happy/excited/lost that's ok, we have all been there.
    Goodluck Hun xxx

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Ttc since August '13. Diagnosed PCOS February '14
    No ovulation on 50mg, 100mg and 150mg of clomid
    DH has good swimmers
    Sept 1st: 31 eggs collected 22 fertilised and 12 frosties. (Half ICSI)
    1st transfer cancelled due to OHSS awaiting FET October

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally girl For This Useful Post:

mushyxxx  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for EPU tomorrow @lileitak!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah I'm so sorry your cycle was cancelled
    @Mrs Bubbles, I've been on progesterone for 4 days now (Crinone) and I have been super emotional. I'm not usually one who stresses or lets little things get to me but I found myself in tears on Friday twice for no reason. The nurses ended up telling me that being teary is a very common side effect.

I've been MIA - away for the weekend. I felt HORRID Friday & Saturday (day 2 & 3 after EPU). Did anyone else feel like this? I was so bloated and tender and horribly uncomfortable that I couldn't sleep for 2 nights. It even hurt to walk! Thank God it's settled down today in time for my embryo transfer tomorrow. I had 2 embies make it so hopefully I'll have one to freeze. They said the 3rd is still in the race but is very slow so they don't hold much hope. Pretty good considering I only got 3 eggs to start with! Can anyone explain to me what the embryo transfer is like? Thanks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iluvjax For This Useful Post:

MrsBubbles  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jk565 View Post
    Good luck for EPU tomorrow @lileitak!
    Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @iluvjax From what I hear the transfer is a piece of cake. Similar to a pap.

Glad you're feeling better. I have EPU tomorrow and I'm a bit worried. I had a quick recovery after my lap / hysto but this sounds like rougher go. I told work I may need up to 3 days so hopefully that's enough time.

Good luck with transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also felt pretty rotten for a few days after EPU, @iluvjax. I had EPU on Monday but didn't feel like I was really better until Thursday, and the bloat went down. I was quite constipated, I think due to the anaesthetic stopping my GIT from working.
    I found lots and lots of water and really taking it easy helped a lot.
    I had transfer yesterday morning, process was very similar to IUI if you have had one of those? The main difference, which I wasn't prepared for, is that the embryologist loads the embryo into the catheter, which has been placed by your FS. So the FS is still doing the procedure/cervical cannulation, but the embryologist is also in the room, and down the business end (IYKWIM) for a small part of the procedure.
    My partner was in the room and said the embryologist was very professional, very focused on loading the embryo etc. By that point I wasn't really caring, but would have been good if I had been worded up first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Jk565. Wasn't sure what I was in for. I've had 7 IUI's and I found them to be a breeze so glad they're similar to that. Did they use an ultrasound to guide the catheter or they just put it up there and guess?
    @lileitak I have had friends who said they felt no discomfort after their EPU so I definitely wasn't prepared. I felt really groggy on the day but no pain, felt pretty find the next day which I took off work. Then the 2nd day after I went to work and went downhill quickly. It felt like someone had blown a balloon up in my belly. I was so bloated and so tender and it hurt to move. Sleeping was impossible. I ended up getting panadeine extra yesterday which helped because panadol did nothing. Hopefully you're one of the ones who feels nothing afterwards. I've had another friend who was sick as a dog for 5 days but that's because she got OHSS and pretty much couldn't move for 5 days. Good luck!