+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mushy, ive got an appointment with a councillor on monday, hopefully they'll be able to help. I've considered putting off the ivf until I'm feeling better but I've been struggling with depression for many years now and I've coped reasonably well with the ivf up until the last week, so I'm hoping this is just a particularly bad time for me and I'll feel better soon.
    Has anyone seen an acupunturist during their journey? I've been looking into it and it seems like it could really help.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teebeekay For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (09-11-2014),mushyxxx  (08-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teebeekay View Post
    Thanks Bongley, am I reading it correctly that you've never had any frozen embryos? You've had to be harvested every time?
    @teebeekay Yes, unfortunately. So I have frosty envy, if you couldn't tell

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Topdeck  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @Bongley you are amazingly strong

6. The Following User Says Thank You to teebeekay For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    starting to get real again lol I'm so exciting for transfer coming up @teebeekay your allowed to wallow in a little misery this is a hard journey and everyone copes in their own way i have suffered from anxiety before and know how bad it can get just Keep Moving Forward and be kind to yourself whenever possible it was hardest for me to come to grips with the thought my body had let me down all my friends were onto baby 12345 and we stil had none not even a Wiff of hcg lol speaking to counsellor hellped me and I hope you as well just remember everyone is here for you same as for everyone else that needs it.

AFM-I had a scan on Friday and lining is looking great very exciting fs is happy with how it's going we are going to thaw 3 embryos this time 1 will be great to put back fs is hoping for 2 yay and if 3 look good best 2 go back I am not crazy enough to put 3 back lol 2 we can do not willing to risk 3.
    I am so excited
    progynova is up to 3 a day side effects are still the same nausea, muscle soreness, and insomnia( thankfully easing up hopefully increase doesn't make it worse) and now starting g Sunday I'm using 2 crinone perday and 2 progesterone pessaries plus blood thinner pills cardiprin transfer booked for Friday

Loads of For you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarah11 View Post
    Cycle has been cancelled as progesterone not rising and estrogen dropped very quickly so FS didn't think it would be a great environment and as my eggs are precious he didn't want to risk it which I totally agree... ...
    Oh no, what a disappointment! So hard to think about the practicalities when the emotions are involved. Look after yourself.

AFM, This cycle I am using Menopur rather than Gonal F and I am feeling cautiously more optimistic as I actually have some sensations in my pelvis (its day 4, and last time around I didn't feel a thing until day 8, and of course not a lot was happening).

Welcome @teebeekay - its striking how expectations colour our view. From those who don't believe they will ever fall pregnant and don't believe the BFP from those who think that IVF is a fail-safe... It's a learning process that we wish we didn't have to go through.

And @Butterfly39 thank you for the gorgeous post about self-care, I think it is vital to know those things that provide comfort in times of uncertainty.

Take care, all!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Topdeck For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @Bongley you are amazingly strong
    Ha thanks, I'm usually on pretty low doses so I don't think the meds run me over too badly. Plus I know it works from my BFP on cycle 4 so that has energised my last 4 cycles (plus 1 cancelled round)
    Running out of hope now though and ready to throw in the towel. Cycle 3 and 4 (before I got my bfp) were bloody awful though and I really admire those ladies that can go through so many without a BFP. I think reading so many stories on bub hub of women who have succeeded through sheer persistence is also a motivating factor.

Hi @lissa081, I think we have cycled together before. for the thaw. Keep Moving Forward!

hi @Topdeck glad there is something going on in there! When is your first scan? I am day 3 of injections so I think we'll be TWW buddies? Yes, its true about expectations, I had some high ones last cycle and was bitterly disappointed.

Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by Bongley; 09-11-2014 at 07:52.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (09-11-2014),Topdeck  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks mushy, ive got an appointment with a councillor on monday, hopefully they'll be able to help. I've considered putting off the ivf until I'm feeling better but I've been struggling with depression for many years now and I've coped reasonably well with the ivf up until the last week, so I'm hoping this is just a particularly bad time for me and I'll feel better soon.
    Has anyone seen an acupunturist during their journey? I've been looking into it and it seems like it could really help.
    Very good - I forgot to mention the counsellor. The fee at my centre includes counselling, and actually mandates it before you can start, and if you choose to use genetic testing. The women we had was really lovely.

Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Ha thanks, I'm usually on pretty low doses so I don't think the meds run me over too badly. Plus I know it works from my BFP on cycle 4 so that has energised my last 4 cycles (plus 1 cancelled round)
    Running out of hope now though and ready to throw in the towel. Cycle 3 and 4 (before I got my bfp) were bloody awful though and I really admire those ladies that can go through so many without a BFP. I think reading so many stories on bub hub of women who have succeeded through sheer persistence is also a motivating factor.
    @Bongley - did your clinic give you an indication of # of cycles, or just % per cycle? We got both which was really helpful. FS told me what she believes my % is based on my diagnosis. But the counsellor told us that, across the board, they tend to see the best success between cycles 2-4. Assuming those are FET...

Good luck with you EPU coming up. Mine is tomorrow and I'm excited and a bit nervous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    @Bongley - did your clinic give you an indication of # of cycles, or just % per cycle? We got both which was really helpful. FS told me what she believes my % is based on my diagnosis. But the counsellor told us that, across the board, they tend to see the best success between cycles 2-4. Assuming those are FET...

Good luck with you EPU coming up. Mine is tomorrow and I'm excited and a bit nervous.
    @lileitak My first FS at Genea said to try 4 times but then she turned around and said some people get it on their 10th cycle. I think she probably did give me a load of stats, it was a long time ago now

RPA have never given me a %. I've had a look at enough stats to know at 42 I needed to try a fair few times. So our aim was to transfer at least 5 blastocysts in total. So, one more transfer to go.........

Good luck with your EPU! Twilight or general? I've had both and they are both fine. (in fact I prefer the twilight as I can hear the eggs coming in, ha!)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

ilex  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Good luck with your EPU! Twilight or general? I've had both and they are both fine. (in fact I prefer the twilight as I can hear the eggs coming in, ha!)
    Thank you!! I think it might be general, but I'm not sure to be honest. Though, I'm not sure I'd like to hear the sucking of the eggs, lol.