+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Had a 5day transfer this morning! Exciting to know that that lots of the uncertainties from IUI have been taken care of (did the egg and sperm meet? Did it make it out of my tubes? Could it have fertilised? Etc etc). Closest I've knowingly been to pregnant yet!
    The blasty was starting to hatch before transfer, and the embryologist has said there is another at the same stage, two more slightly behind (all those three going in the freezer today). There is hope one more may come good by Monday.
    Good luck all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great work jk, not long now til you know!! Fx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

SJ565  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Knaadams I wouldn't mention the baby at all for now. Legally you don't owe them anything. Increase your hours if you want to, and just let them know you will be having a few "investigative abdominal procedures" that may require some short term time off work x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    this is the first time I've ever posted to a forum so apologies if I do something wrong. Here's my story, I'm 32 and my husband is 34. We have been trying to conceive for 18 months. After a miscarriage in December last year and then no luck after that, we started seeing a clinic in July. DH has abnormal sperm and I have high level APA's. So with the two of us contributing to the problem, we decided to go straight into ICSI. After collecting 15 eggs and a mild case of OHSS, we ended up with 7 embryos, one which was transferred and 6 which were frozen. The transfer resulted in a BFN which absolutely gutted me, it never even crossed my mind that it wasn't going to work, stupid I know. Then to top things off, I was told that I had to wait for a natural cycle before we could try again, more tears.
    Anyway, here I am, AF arrived on the 11th Of October and I was told to go back to the clinic on day 10 to measure the thickness of the lining, it was 6.6mm, so I had to go back in a week when it was 7mm. More drugs and more pessaries and come back in another week, that was this Tuesday and it hadn't thickened at all! Now I'm really stressing, I'm taking 11 tablets a day plus 2 pessaries and I'm really starting to freak out about what they're doing to me.
    And to top things off, I've started to have anxiety attacks this week which have resulted in tummy troubles so I haven't been able to eat much all week.
    Anyway, sorry for the essay, but I found that reading everybody else's posts really calmed me down and I thought that if anyone else was going through what I am, maybe my story will help them feel like they're not alone.
    Good luck and lots of love to all the women out there going through this traumatic time and I hope we can all get through it together with our sanity in tact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome teebee you're in the right place :-)
    So sorry your journey so far hasn't been great but I hope you get your sticky bubba real soon

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

teebeekay  (08-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by teebeekay View Post
    Hi everyone,
    this is the first time I've ever posted to a forum so apologies if I do something wrong. Here's my story, I'm 32 and my husband is 34. We have been trying to conceive for 18 months. After a miscarriage in December last year and then no luck after that, we started seeing a clinic in July. DH has abnormal sperm and I have high level APA's. So with the two of us contributing to the problem, we decided to go straight into ICSI. After collecting 15 eggs and a mild case of OHSS, we ended up with 7 embryos, one which was transferred and 6 which were frozen. The transfer resulted in a BFN which absolutely gutted me, it never even crossed my mind that it wasn't going to work, stupid I know. Then to top things off, I was told that I had to wait for a natural cycle before we could try again, more tears.
    Anyway, here I am, AF arrived on the 11th Of October and I was told to go back to the clinic on day 10 to measure the thickness of the lining, it was 6.6mm, so I had to go back in a week when it was 7mm. More drugs and more pessaries and come back in another week, that was this Tuesday and it hadn't thickened at all! Now I'm really stressing, I'm taking 11 tablets a day plus 2 pessaries and I'm really starting to freak out about what they're doing to me.
    And to top things off, I've started to have anxiety attacks this week which have resulted in tummy troubles so I haven't been able to eat much all week.
    Anyway, sorry for the essay, but I found that reading everybody else's posts really calmed me down and I thought that if anyone else was going through what I am, maybe my story will help them feel like they're not alone.
    Good luck and lots of love to all the women out there going through this traumatic time and I hope we can all get through it together with our sanity in tact.
    Teebeekay maybe an attitude adjustment is all that's needed. I find many people expect it to work first go even when their FS has given them stats that show the likelihood of that isn't 100%. Ivf is a rollercoaster, one that you will have to get used to and draw on all your coping skills to survive and reach your dream. Right now I've had 2 uterine tumours removed, a low thyroid discovered, a breast tumour, lost twins, ended up in hospital with an infection and am currently doing my 6th cycle.

I've coped by gardening, exploring music that inspires me to be calm and to motivate me, maintaining my hobbies, preparing meals and freezing them, buying 'therapy kittens', caring for others, gentle exercise, time in nature, meditation and focussing on my health being tip top.

There is no reason to wind yourself up tight, it is actually counter productive and will interrupt what needs to be careful planning and following of your doctors instructions. You need the opposite during Ivf, to unwind. A massage is great also.

I've seen time and time again in this forum that those that reach their goals are the ones who are the most persistent. Take it all in your stride, water off a ducks back, go outside and do something fun if it's all getting you down. If you're super distressed most clinics offer counselling. We all have bad days on this journey, some are beyond sh!t, but I've never worried for too long because I have accepted that this is a difficult process and always expect surprises! Finding ways to just kick your heels up and enjoy your normal daily life while keeping most of the 'Ivf drama' in the background has worked for me. Take a deep breath and remember why you're doing all of this - it will get better and one day you might look back and realise it was all worth it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MrsBubbles  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome mrstugs and for the advice butterfly39. But I would suggest that some people aren't as mentally strong as you obviously are. You have been through so much and I respect your ability to take it all in your stride. Hopefully one day I'll be as strong as you are but unfortunately today is not that day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @teebeekay! I think what butterfly meant is that IVF can be a marathon, not a sprint. And that's what you have to prepare for.

I suffer from anxiety, so I get where you're coming from. It's hard to give up control and let things happen to you. But, so long as you have a FS you trust, it's best to surrender yourself to the process. As hard as it is.

After a while, you realise you need hobbies to keep your mind and body occupied else you can work yourself into a right state.

Personally, I expect the worst but hope for the best. Traditional baby making can be a 12 month wait, in expecting IVF to be the same - if not longer.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (09-11-2014),Topdeck  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi y'all hope you don't mind if I join. Started jabbing yesterday EPU set for the 20th. Its my last try so I hope you don't mind if I wallow in it a bit from time to time. Doing a cycle knowing its your last roll of the dice is pretty depressing.
    @teebeekay sorry its been a rough time for you. I know it feels like you are never going to reach your goal but 7 embryos on your first attempt is a pretty good result and things are looking very promising for you but as we all know the proof is in the pudding and a baby in our arms. I hope one of those frosties has your golden egg. I am pretty useless at keeping myself busy and positive so rant away if you need to.
    @Jk565 great result for you! I would kill for a hatching blasty, never mind 2, that sounds so promising!
    @Moonbaby good luck for your BT on wednesday.
    @Lileitac I hope you get some good quality eggies on monday!
    @sallygirl that is really exciting, worth the wait I hope 13 frosties is a great result.

hi @Rarah11 & @Butterfly39 we meet again
    @Knaadams that's a difficult position to be in. I told my boss that I had some medical procedures coming up and then I would let him know once I had a firm EPU and ET date. He never asked what it was. I have actually told him I'm doing IVF now but I didn't for the first few cycles.

good luck everybody!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (09-11-2014),ilex  (08-11-2014),teebeekay  (08-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bongley, am I reading it correctly that you've never had any frozen embryos? You've had to be harvested every time?