Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats @MrsTugs!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012 I had my 2yo son with IUI. It was a very long road, took over 2 years and 7 IUI's but I got my miracle on my last try before moving to IVF. I know the success rates aren't that great (I think 12% per cycle) but after having 2 cancelled due to too many follies, I had 5 IUI's and got pregnant 4x out of the 5. I kept having miscarriages and also got pregnant with triplets (lost at 19 weeks) but for me it worked really well. This time round trying for #2 I had 3 rounds and it never worked so I've moved to IVF. Good luck - biggest issue with IUI's for me was controlling how many follies so you only get 1 or 2. The risk of multiples is quite high which was a negative factor for me.

Update from me - only got 3 eggs at EPU yesterday which I'm really disappointed about I had 15+ follies so I don't understand how I ended up with only 3 eggs? Does anyone understand how that works? My Dr did say it wasn't an easy procedure as my ovaries were really high up and that a lot of the follies were empty and there was a bit of blood so maybe some endometriosis? I was off my face at the time so I don't even really remember what he said. But 3 eggs from 15+ follies seems really disappointing to me & I don't understand it Waiting to hear today if they fertilised. I'm not doing ICSI so that probably means the fertilisation rate is lower yes?

Also was does PUPO mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvjax View Post
    @Keiko2012 I had my 2yo son with IUI. It was a very long road, took over 2 years and 7 IUI's but I got my miracle on my last try before moving to IVF. I know the success rates aren't that great (I think 12% per cycle) but after having 2 cancelled due to too many follies, I had 5 IUI's and got pregnant 4x out of the 5. I kept having miscarriages and also got pregnant with triplets (lost at 19 weeks) but for me it worked really well. This time round trying for #2 I had 3 rounds and it never worked so I've moved to IVF. Good luck - biggest issue with IUI's for me was controlling how many follies so you only get 1 or 2. The risk of multiples is quite high which was a negative factor for me.

Update from me - only got 3 eggs at EPU yesterday which I'm really disappointed about I had 15+ follies so I don't understand how I ended up with only 3 eggs? Does anyone understand how that works? My Dr did say it wasn't an easy procedure as my ovaries were really high up and that a lot of the follies were empty and there was a bit of blood so maybe some endometriosis? I was off my face at the time so I don't even really remember what he said. But 3 eggs from 15+ follies seems really disappointing to me & I don't understand it Waiting to hear today if they fertilised. I'm not doing ICSI so that probably means the fertilisation rate is lower yes?

Also was does PUPO mean?
    PUPO means pregnant until proven otherwise

Sorry about the low egg count, sounds like it might be worth investigating the endo. Removing it if it's bad can have a big improvement on fertility. Good luck though - three eggs is still a great number.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

iluvjax  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @iluvjax sorry to hear you didn't get as many as you hoped but as they say you only need one! I had a very similar experience the first cycle after my termination, empty follies and blood in them, I only got 1 egg, they checked later but I had no endometriosis - I hope it's just a fluke!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarah11 For This Useful Post:

iluvjax  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi I was just wondering, how long does everyone find that Pregynl stays in their system for? I'm only 6DT3DT. Since this is my first FET, I've decided to do a HPT each day & see if I can track it leaving. I had a bit of a read through the instructions that came with it but I can't seem to find it in there.

How is everyone in the 2WW going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 did that one egg fertilise? I'm getting so anxious waiting for the phone call! Did you get more eggs on your subsequent EPU's?
    @Rocky27 I was told pregnyl can stay in your system up to 12 days! I got a false BFP last IUI cycle because of it and I was so bummed when I realised I wasn't pregnant.

Since I have the day off today I've had time to sit and properly read comments and read your signatures. Can't believe what a long IVF journey some of you have had. You're all amazing, inspirational women. How do I add a signature?

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome @keiko2013... You'll soon get used to the acronyms. I admit I did a lot of googling the first month one here.

@iluvjax - Sorry to hear the numbers were lower than you hoped for - I totally understand. I do know that follies are no necessarily an indicator of eggs, and that if your ovaries are hard to reach - they may not be able to get everything out. I would def try to get in touch with your FS. Agree its really hard to process what they're telling you coming off of general.

Also, ICSI is not a guarantee. If we get more than 6 eggs, we're doing 50 natural / 50 ICSI. Any less and I think she said all ICSI. We have no (known) male factor, but FS said she'd hate for us to go through everything and get none fertilised. I do know some people who have had lower fert rates with ICSI. Personally, I'd prefer natural - but I'm trusting my FS this round.

Keep us posted with the numbers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvjax View Post
    How do I add a signature?
    I think you need a minimum of 5 or 10 posts before you can add a signature. Once you do, you add it under the User Panel (top left).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rocky I think the standard is 3 full days to leave system. As pp said, you can't be too careful.
    If you're watching it long term, just make sure 2-3 days after last inj you confirm if it's getting lighter or darker.
    Don't compare ACTUAL tests, compare PHOTOS of the tests taken the same amount of time after each time. And do them all fmu so there's no variety in concentration.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We had icsi and got 7 out of 9 fert but only 2 of them made it to blastys.