+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    At 6 months your supply should be well and truely established. I don't think there will be too much harm
    If you only pump once or twice (eg before you leave and then before dinner).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the advice! Think I have been over complicating it!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    If you are definitely only pumping to dump I'd just pump enough to give you relief.
    This. Although depending on your supply you may need to drain your breast to stimulate supply. Otherwise just make yourself comfortable.

Do you need to take the pump or can you just hand express into a hand basin?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would go with PPs suggestion and empty out before going, empty once whilst out, pump more later for comfort if needed.

If it's a once off thing it should affect your supply too much, esp not at 6 months old. I'd be more stringent with timing and emptying if if was going to be a regular thing (eg going back to work) to keep supply up (or accept that supply will drop).