+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Yaz Pill, are you currently taking it, ever been on it?

I'm just wanting to hear from anyone who is currently taking or has taken the contraceptive pill Yaz? I think it is also Yasmine. I'm asking in a more general sense (your experience) as opposed to an contraceptive sense.

Have you had any issues with it?

I ask because I recently filled a script for it, and at a very hefty price I might add, and as soon as I got home I had this sick feeling or inkling that it was the pill that caused all the compensation payouts from Bayer in the USA with the FDA etc due to women dying from blood clots and embolisms etc.

A quick Dr google search and my fears were confirmed. I realise that all contraceptive pills come with their risks etc, and especially with blood clots and the like, however this pill has been in the media since it's release in 2006 and now I am in a quandary as to whether to take it or not. I don't need to take it to prevent pregnancy.

I will give Medicine line a call to ask their thoughts, however just wanted to hear from any ladies who may have experience with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had huge migraines while using yas which the doctors didn't pin point for ages that it was causing it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FuddyMum For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My SIL was taking Yaz for less than a month when she noticed chest pain and shortness of breath and had a persitant dry cough. She went to the doctor who sent her for blood tests, scans etc and she ended up having 2 small blood clots on her lungs!

Luckily, they caught it early so no surgery is necessary but she has to be on blood thinners for the rest of this year and go back for regular check ups.

Needless to say, she stopped taking Yaz straight away and is now not allowed to take anymore hormonal contraception.

It was scary for everyone and we are so glad that she went to the doctors when she did!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Boys Blue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped getting my period completely on Yaz. So i stopped taking it as i felt like it was stuffing up my system. I have heard heaps of horror stories about Yaz causing blood clots etc as well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh my gosh, your poor SIL @Little Boys Blue thank goodness she had it checked out and they caught it early! I have heart problems (not long diagnosed) so maybe it's not a good idea I take it.
    Thanks for your feedback!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Little Boys Blue  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FuddyMum View Post
    I had huge migraines while using yas which the doctors didn't pin point for ages that it was causing it!
    The only 'risk' the Doctor said to me was 'do you get migraines, because Yaz can make them worse'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If not for contraceptive purposes Uniquey - why are you taking it?

Everybody has different side effects from the pill so its a trial and error for each individual.

Unfortunately the doctors are told to push certain brands so their advice isn't always best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was on Yasmin - only for about a year thankfully when I was around 22yrs. A few weeks after conceiving twins a few years ago (which passed) I had a TIA and the following year found out that I had a heriditary blood clotting disorder and am not allowed to go on any pills that raise my oestrogen levels - so DH got the snip. When I fell pregnant again I was on clexane and aspirin as I also had +ANA - I would not fall pregnant without a thinner after the TIA.

I guess one could say that I was fortunate that nothing happened when I was on Yasmin - perhaps my youth at the time helped.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on it for years and loved it as it made my skin clear and hair nice.. but now that people mention migraine.. I was on medication to prevent migraine at the same time so now I wonder if it was the pill making it worse..
    Im off ttc now so we will see how my migraines go

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pisang For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm on it - have been so for over a year now - no problems at all. no side effects either.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post: