Closed Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I just want to point out, a lot of people are saying things like "one, but it's barely ever on" etc.
    We have 3, and they're on often. We also are very fit, healthy and active, out of the house every day, but we love our tv and we watch lots of it, and have absolutely zero guilt about it!
    Sure. I said something along those lines, but wasn't suggesting guilt... I just really dislike TV :P It'd drive me nuts if it were on much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    1, in the living room. We are a family of 4 and find 1 tv to be enough. No plans for more at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi We have just one TV in the lounge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh and I have two. We rarely use the second, generally only when I watch big brother and dh hates it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to point out, a lot of people are saying things like "one, but it's barely ever on" etc.
    We have 3, and they're on often. We also are very fit, healthy and active, out of the house every day, but we love our tv and we watch lots of it, and have absolutely zero guilt about it!
    I don't think anyone has said how much tv they watch to make others feel guilty. I grew up in a family of four and we had four tv's. Two were often on at any given time. We used to sit and eat dinner on the lounge watching the news and we had tv shows we liked to watch every single night. The tv was often on just for the sake of being on, even if there was nothing but rubbish on. That was the norm for me. We were also a very fit and active family and we read heaps.
    When I first moved out of home I turned the tv on whenever I was in the room with the tv. It wasn't until I had a baby that I started watching tv less, and our first was a kid who was badly affected by tv consumption when she was a toddler. We had to restrict her tv time to 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon, and no tv after 5pm...or else her behaviour was horrible and if she watched tv after 5pm it was a real struggle to get her to sleep. Because of this my habits changed.
    We love family movie nights and I can't wait to sit down tonight and watch last night's Big Bang Theory once the kids are in bed. I hate watching shows on the computer, I find it so uncomfortable, and I enjoy watching tv as a bit of down time. The fact that it's not a prime focus in our house doesn't mean I think everyone should feel the same way. I think you've read too much in to the posts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Noise motivates me. I cleaned my entire kitchen from top to bottom this morning whilst watching old episodes of Charmed (one of my all time favourite shows ) and I got so much done and didnt feel bored or like it was a chore.

Then I had to clean the bathroom, of course no tv in the bathroom... felt like it took forever! I feel no guilt about my tv consumption, or my childrens. We're healthy balanced people who happen to enjoy tv

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I don't think anyone has said how much tv they watch to make others feel guilty. I grew up in a family of four and we had four tv's. Two were often on at any given time. We used to sit and eat dinner on the lounge watching the news and we had tv shows we liked to watch every single night. The tv was often on just for the sake of being on, even if there was nothing but rubbish on. That was the norm for me. We were also a very fit and active family and we read heaps.
    When I first moved out of home I turned the tv on whenever I was in the room with the tv. It wasn't until I had a baby that I started watching tv less, and our first was a kid who was badly affected by tv consumption when she was a toddler. We had to restrict her tv time to 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon, and no tv after 5pm...or else her behaviour was horrible and if she watched tv after 5pm it was a real struggle to get her to sleep. Because of this my habits changed.
    We love family movie nights and I can't wait to sit down tonight and watch last night's Big Bang Theory once the kids are in bed. I hate watching shows on the computer, I find it so uncomfortable, and I enjoy watching tv as a bit of down time. The fact that it's not a prime focus in our house doesn't mean I think everyone should feel the same way. I think you've read too much in to the posts.
    I didn't read anything into the posts Was just making the OPPOSITE comment to many others who were saying that they barely watched their tv's. We're a tv family and love a bit of screen time, that's all I was saying

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Renn  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't read anything into the posts Was just making the OPPOSITE comment to many others who were saying that they barely watched their tv's. We're a tv family and love a bit of screen time, that's all I was saying
    Okay, that's good then

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 2. Our main one in the lounge room is used the most. The other is mounted in our bedroom and DD watches it from her cot when I shower mostly 👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I was one who said we don't watch much TV. Because I'm glued to my iPad all night

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (21-10-2014)

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast