Closed Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have 3. One in our main lounge that is used daily, one in our front lounge that I use to watch shows that annoy DH (he bugs me about how crap they are; Wonderland, The Block, House Husbands) and one outside under our alfresco that is only ever used by DH watching the cricket in summer or football in winter.

and in my opinion, TV is awesome my kids have learnt heaps from Peppa and Ben & Holly's .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Ah yes, if you choose to see it that way, I accept all blame for your perceived slight, no worries, peace out, have a great afternoon chastising people on the internet
    A smiley face emoticon does not allow someone to say something rude and not be called out on it...

Anewme has never been anything but lovely and supportive of people on this forum, she is a wonderful mother who should not be subject to your unfounded and judgmental opinions. GM was right to call you out on your 'tongue in cheek' rude insinuation.

You have a great afternoon avoiding the negative impacts of television and trolling mothers on the internet.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

DailyDiversion  (22-10-2014),GM01  (21-10-2014),LaDiDah  (21-10-2014),littlelove  (21-10-2014),LoveLivesHere  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have one tv, in our lounge. Our kitchen and dining is separate. In our old place in NW London where I absolutely HATED it, it was on all of the time, drowning out annoying neighbors while I was stuck at home with a new baby. In our new place it usually isn't on until the evening or nap time because I love how peaceful our new place is. But at the old place the lounge and kitchen were connected.

I love tv, we have Apple TV and netflix (love being in a country that offers netflix!) and DH and I sit down and watch one or two episodes of a new 'box set' every evening. I also watch US shows online.

But if the baby is awake and not needing to be fed then we are out for a walk. You can love tv and love getting out.

My phone (and the bubhub app) is the much bigger brain numbing distraction.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 21-10-2014 at 18:18.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Last edited by Jakois; 21-10-2014 at 18:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    We have 3. One in our main lounge that is used daily, one in our front lounge that I use to watch shows that annoy DH (he bugs me about how crap they are; Wonderland, The Block, House Husbands) and one outside under our alfresco that is only ever used by DH watching the cricket in summer or football in winter.

and in my opinion, TV is awesome my kids have learnt heaps from Peppa and Ben & Holly's .
    I think Sesame Street is genius.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    A smiley face emoticon does not allow someone to say something rude and not be called out on it...

Anewme has never been anything but lovely and supportive of people on this forum, she is a wonderful mother who should not be subject to your unfounded and judgmental opinions. GM was right to call you out on your 'tongue in cheek' rude insinuation.

You have a great afternoon avoiding the negative impacts of television and trolling mothers on the internet.
    I disagree, I will always object to violent imagery and pack mentalities, and that is my right as a participant here. There is no need for vicious comments regarding 'punches in the face' and I am sorry but that kind of response never commands respect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Obviously, we in Western society are more and more exposed to screen time. I guess the thing that I object to is the passivity of television as a genre. In a forum, this is an interactive process where the neurons are firing and you and I are interacting in a two way process. You will find if you look up studies of how the brain works during the passive watching of tv versus an interactive 2 way communication, such as now, the former is quiescent and the latter active. This is basically my argument.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Insulting a large group of people, then offering an insincere apology doesnt really command respect in my opinion either.

If you had of just said why you personally choose not to watch tv and shared your reasons etc I would have had no issue with your post at all. In fact, I've had no issue with any of the other posts where people have said they choose not to watch it. Different stroke for different folks and all that.

Its when you use your beliefs/choice to put down others who don't share the same where I had an issue.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Full House  (21-10-2014),GM01  (21-10-2014),LoveLivesHere  (21-10-2014),MummaPanda  (21-10-2014),Purple Lily  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Obviously, we in Western society are more and more exposed to screen time. I guess the thing that I object to is the passivity of television as a genre. In a forum, this is an interactive process where the neurons are firing and you and I are interacting in a two way process. You will find if you look up studies of how the brain works during the passive watching of tv versus and interactive 2 way communication, the former is quiescent and the latter active. This is basically my argument.
    Oh well that explains perfectly well the antagonistic behaviour... you're just trying to make it all interactive and 2 way so you can work out those neurons!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

CitrusRainxxx  (21-10-2014),VicPark  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    2, one in lounge room and a small one in our bedroom which never gets turned on, it's saved for occasions such as sick children who want a movie in bed