+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When my little ones got long enough to kick the side of the arm chair I just used to sit them up more vertically. So that they were sitting on my lap but also leaning back into the crook of my elbow/arm, if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heartstringz, if DD kicks around I don't tend to mind too much, but if it's disrupting the feed just sit forward so there's no wall behind you to kick. In bed I would put a bunch of pillows behind me so then DD wouldn't be able to kick the headboard. If I'm out then I have to settle for cradle hold on the left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS is on more of a routine now where I know when he'll need feeds so I don't usually go out until after he's fed. I feed on a bed in his room because he was kicking the side of the rocking chair and out in other rooms he gets distracted.

If he's going to need milk while we're out I either take a bottle or just try and feed him wherever I can find a quiet secluded spot, it's rare to find a parents room in London.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 22-10-2014 at 05:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Im after some ideas for new bfing positions - I normally use cradle hold but ds is getting too long now & kicks/pushes off the arms of the chair. Im worried about him hurting himself & it makes feeding difficult.

He's too long for football hold. Feeding lying down doesnt really suit me.

What other positions are there?

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Baby sitting up ish but football style grip.
    Cradle but hoist legs over couch/sofa end.
    Standing cradle
    Vertically lying down on you as in tummy/tummy with head at boob and legs near your hips.

How can your baby outgrow a cradle hold? I was feeding my toddlers that way?

Eta- he won't hurt himself kicking the chair. Or if he does he won't do it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    When my little ones got long enough to kick the side of the arm chair I just used to sit them up more vertically. So that they were sitting on my lap but also leaning back into the crook of my elbow/arm, if that makes sense.
    This

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    This, or
    Sitting up in bed, my back against a pillow, DD on a pillow.
    Cradle hold standing up when she's super grumpy or distracted.
    Sometimes I find it easier to find a shady spot in a park, sit cross legged on the ground to feed when out & about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always used a pillow. Once Bub got too long for my mombo pillow I bought a breastfriend twin pillow - we still use it now at 14 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always hated my dds kicking off the side of an armchair, so annoying when trying to breastfeed! At home, i would feed in the centre of the couch, so there was no arm to kick off, or on the couch sitting on the same side i was bf'ing on (so left side of couch and left boob), and then bub cant kick off. Or armless chair, or sitting up in bed. Or feed in a 'less' comfy chair like a dining chair with no arms, but have bub in a sling, and then if he falls asleep, its a lot easier for you to move to a comfy spot without disrupting him, because he is supported and cuddled up in the sling. I hate feeding in a narrow arm chair because my babies always kicked, so at parents rooms, etc i'd sit almost sideways in the chair, so my back was against an arm and bubs head towards the back of the chair, and my knees next to the other arm. I always used cradle hold, it was most comfortable for me, so i just adjusted my position wherever i was to avoid bubs legs kicking anything. I have seen other mums do an upright hold, where they put the baby on their lap facing them and straddling one of their legs, and baby is pretty much sitting up on you feeding. I never liked it, but it might work for you if you want a new position. How are you doing, op? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Search google images, there are a few ideas there. DS is quite long and I use a sort of diagonal cradle hold, so his bum is resting on my right leg while he feeds on the left breast if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of good ideas & positions to try, thanks!

It wasnt so much that he's outgrown cradle hold, probably more that he's outgrown the feeding chair. The worst part of when he pushes off the arm of the chair is that he doesnt unlatch, so he takes my niplle with him & it hurts

Ive got him propped higher with pillows at the moment but ill try all of the suggestions

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (21-10-2014)