+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use my married name on FB and have the highest security settings. I don't use FB often - maybe once a month if that - its mainly to keep in touch with friends.

I use my maiden name for everything work related. None of my client's know my married name so, even though my security settings are so high and you cannot search my via google, if they tried or FB changed the settings my maiden name does not come up with anything.

It works well for me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mellie29 For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use my first and middle name only and have the security at as high as I can. It's only for family to keep in touch and a private mother's group.
    I only ever post photos of my boys or important family events.

I think it is rude of them to make you feel you have to have fb at all.
    Tell them you don't want to and they need to find another way.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, but high security settings and only people I know.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomia For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I do. I don't put anything on FB that I'm not happy for everyone to see.

Why don't you just have a FB page for things like your course? You don't have to post anything or even add anyone as a friend. There are lots of great groups and resources on Facebook. It's what you make it, use it to your advantage and just don't put anything personal on there of you're not comfortable.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do and have high security settings. I only have friends on there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I use my real name. I have settings medium high. Something public (mostly for competitions) most things just friends. I put a lot of myself online. I have mostly my friends and family with a few hubbers that I love and trust and my hubby boss and his wife (which I hate but feel I can't remove). I have a fake account for when I played games and it has random from all over the world. It has serval thousand of friends. The only personal thing on their is a pic of my dog.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    @anewme I almost spat my coffee out when I read several thousand on your games profile! Lol. I'm lucky to have 40 people on any friends list and that includes close and extended family and friends.

To add to my earlier post, I only have 1 account. I'm also pretty tight on who I do and do not add.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Jodes35  (20-10-2014),Mrs Tickle  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes I use my real name, and my settings are as tight as they can be. Im not concerned at all about having private info out there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I use my real name but my security sitting are pretty much as high as they can go. (To the point where my DH couldn't see what iwas posting cause I forgot to take him of the restricted list lol)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hesitate to ask.
    In case all I end up with is Fanny Adams or something.....

Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Degrassi View Post
    I use my real name, as do the majority of my friends. I'm comfortable with the level of privacy I have.

One of my friends had some issues and changed her Facebook name and beefed up her privacy settings. Say her name was for example Rebecca Kate Wilson, her name appears as Beck Kate now. Her middle name has been used as a surname. Perhaps this could work for you?

Or you could make up a false name altogether? I'm good at making up names if you want some suggestions