+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I wish I could keep this moment...

On Friday 4yo DS ran in his first race at sports carnival day at school (he started kindy this year). He tried so very hard and ran the whole way (to DH and I waiting at the end) with a big smile on his face. He came last!! But he was just so proud of himself. He has no idea what it means to be a 'loser'. He just said to us "I ran SO fast!!".

I was doing that slightly hysterical crying/laughing thing because it was so damn cute, and at the same time so terribly sad because he won't have that pure innocence much longer. He got a ribbon that said "I ran in a race" and he was just absolutely stoked!! I spent the rest of the day just wishing he could have that same outlook for everything, forever!

Do you have a moment to share where the terrible fear of your babies growing up just hit you like a sledgehammer?!

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

almai  (19-10-2014),atomicmama  (20-10-2014),baby4us  (19-10-2014),Cat74  (20-10-2014),CMF  (20-10-2014),Elijahs Mum  (19-10-2014),HeavenBlue  (20-10-2014),littlelove  (20-10-2014),littleriv  (20-10-2014),michellek  (20-10-2014),quietlyhopeful  (20-10-2014),Sairz  (20-10-2014),Tinkers  (20-10-2014),~Marigold~  (19-10-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What a beautiful post x

Me 32, He 35, DS 14, DD 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I loved that!!

My DS (1yr old) saw an iPad for the first time about a month ago. He was lifting the right hand side trying to turn the page.

That moment will never happen again...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (20-10-2014),~Marigold~  (19-10-2014)

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I love this post. <3
    These sorts of things make me sad to think about too.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great post.

My DD admires herself in the mirror and thinks that she is so gorgeous (which she really is) and I feel so sad that she may have times when she just can't love herself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Great post.

My DD admires herself in the mirror and thinks that she is so gorgeous (which she really is) and I feel so sad that she may have times when she just can't love herself.
    I have a DD now too, she's only a newborn but I've already thought about this. I also hope we will stay best friends as she grows up, I want so badly to have a great mother daughter relationship with her, as I didn't with my own mum and it still hurts. When I found out we were having a girl it was a funny flood of emotions, I was so happy and excited but also so scared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I adore how positive and full of compliments dd1 is.

As hard as it is to watch because I know what's going on, I'm thankful that she isn't fully aware when other kids are being mean to her... but that's changing

Both girls still wanting kisses and cuddles before bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    I have a DD now too, she's only a newborn but I've already thought about this. I also hope we will stay best friends as she grows up, I want so badly to have a great mother daughter relationship with her, as I didn't with my own mum and it still hurts. When I found out we were having a girl it was a funny flood of emotions, I was so happy and excited but also so scared.
    This.