+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't feel like I can say this in real life but truthfully I wouldn't have done ivf. It's obviously a very personal thing as for so many people it is a godsend but for me it was a very long nightmare. When I look back I realise how ill it made me, how much I missed due to being so ill & how much it has changed me for the worse as I have been left with extra health issues & diagnosed with PTSD & am still childless. I've only told one person this & they said it would all have been worth it if I had been successful - I'm not sure but I'll never know. My gut instinct told me to stop long before I did so the positive that came out of it is that if I have decision to make these days I don't ignore my gut feelings.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jude15 For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have thought about my answer since I saw it this morning and everything I was going to type I changed my mind on because I realise that the event that occurred led me to where I am today and I am happy and content with my life right now, and happy and content with the direction it is headed.
    But I did think of something. I wish I had lived in a little more. My life has been very safe and I have no regrets, but I think there's a whole world or life experiences that I have missed out on eg. I've never even dated because I met my husband so young. So yeah, I wish I took more risks and chances when I was younger instead of becoming a responsible adult at a really young age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is being too nervous to talk to my now DP on the phone when she called for the first time ever. I let my ex answer but I wish I had heard her voice first. I wish I had just answered and talked to her first

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would've done law in college just to see if it was something I enjoyed. I always regret not giving it a go cause it then meant I couldn't do it at uni. I will always wonder if I would've been good at it - I think I would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would have convinced my mum not to sell our property after Dad died.
    I had built a 2nd home on the property, had horses there. We owned it outright, owed no money. By now, my mum would have happily moved into my little Granny Flat style house, and I would have moved into the main house with my husband and my children, and we would be very happy and financially so so much better off than we all are now. It was a really REALLY really big mistake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maybebaby77 View Post
    I don't feel like I can say this in real life but truthfully I wouldn't have done ivf. It's obviously a very personal thing as for so many people it is a godsend but for me it was a very long nightmare. When I look back I realise how ill it made me, how much I missed due to being so ill & how much it has changed me for the worse as I have been left with extra health issues & diagnosed with PTSD & am still childless. I've only told one person this & they said it would all have been worth it if I had been successful - I'm not sure but I'll never know. My gut instinct told me to stop long before I did so the positive that came out of it is that if I have decision to make these days I don't ignore my gut feelings.
    Don't feel bad for saying this. While I had a good outcome with IVF, it's a hard road and the longer term mental health outcomes I couldn't have possibly predicted at the start of my journey. I'm so so grateful for my beautiful DD but it was tough and I honestly don't know if I can put myself through that again. Hugs to you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

jude15  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In some ways I wish I was less financially responsible when I was younger and spent more time and money seeing the world. My husband and I bought our first home when I was in my early 20's, followed by our first investment property. I focused on getting 2 Uni degrees and beginning my career. These decisions have led to us being financially secure now, but I wish I had done some more backpacking/ contiki style travelling before marriage and kids.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I wish I had made better financial decisions. DH and I should be so much more financially secure than we are. In particular I regret one real estate decision that probably cost as around $50,000 and has made a lot of other things harder than they should have been.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what was the course?

Me 32, He 35, DS 14, DD 2
    It was a Bachelor of Business in Information Management. It was basically a course that helped you become a Librarian which I definitely didn't want to do. I should have transferred to something else after the first year. A lot of my classmates ended up getting jobs in unrelated fields.

To make it worse I actually was successful in getting an apprenticeship in Telstra in my 2nd year! I was over 1 hour late for my interview too and I was one of few people that got it. I turned it down for who knows why. I could've worked my way up and had a great job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was a Bachelor of Business in Information Management. It was basically a course that helped you become a Librarian which I definitely didn't want to do. I should have transferred to something else after the first year. A lot of my classmates ended up getting jobs in unrelated fields.

I took a document management ******....no idea what it was. Did a lot of random electives too.

To make it worse I actually was successful in getting an apprenticeship in Telstra in my 2nd year! I was over 1 hour late for my interview too and I was one of few people that got it. I turned it down for who knows why. I could've worked my way up and had a great job