+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's a hard one cause of the few obvious bad decisions I made (mostly unhealthy relationship) they all brought me here, to Australia.

One gave me the taste of traveling and the other gave me the little push I need to leave everything behind and start over. At 26yo.

So no, I wouldn't change anything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    I have so many. But my stand out one is not have blindly applied for a course at uni and finished it for the sake of finishing. I had no idea what I was doing. Now I have a hecs debt for it but it's useless and I never used it for anything nor get work in that field. I can't even explain what degree it is. I didn't understand hecs at 19. Biggest regret ever.
    This is one of mine too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    That's so sad. One of my greatest fears is dying when my kids are still young. Thanks for sharing. Helps me appreciate the small moments xx
    It is a big fear of mine, too. I have realised since becoming a mother myself how scary and heartbreaking it would have been for my mum. She had 4 kids, aged between 8 and 14 when she died. My grandma always tells me how often mum would say that it was just so unfair she would never get to see us reach adulthood. I understand that more than ever now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smoking. But at the same time not. It taught me a lot about my family and the people I thought I knew. This knowledge gave me the courage to stand up for myself and demand better. It might have come from something else, it might not.

But still.. 10 years.. That's a long time, a lot of my health, a lot of money and almost half my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I had gone to the morgue to say goodbye to my Dad. I feel like I would've accepted his death better, and sooner. It took me a good 4 years to accept he was really gone, if not longer and it ruined my entire high schooling. Bit morbid, I know but I think about it all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have so many.. But the biggest one which encompasses many others, is getting a taxi home many years ago instead of a lift with someone who'd been drinking, which resulted in killing three people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I would have stayed at school. Leaving school was the start of everything going wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aaand for one that's not so heavy, choosing the sexy beautiful guy who told me he loved me over the jail bait I was with instead.... Stupid morals, I wouldn't "cheat" phhh. Should have ran!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would have avoided a relationship with my ex. We met online and were so different. He was 2yrs older and I felt pressured to commit to a relationship. I was headed overseas for 6 weeks shortly after we met and on our second date he kept asking me to commit before leaving. I got sucked into his drama: he had a chronic kidney disease so he was quite unwell (not bad enough for dialysis, but hanging on the edge), his mum was a nutcase and he has a poor relationship with his brother and no relationship with his dad due to childhood abuse. Because of all the family drama with his mum my parents offered him to move in with us, which of course he jumped at. That was really where things should've ended really, but we were together for another 2 and a bit years after that. He was manipulative, disrespectful and emotionally abusive in a sense. I still remember one night he came home drunk after meeting up with old friends. He didn't tell me he was bringing anyone home and I woke up to the noise, got up and went to the loo to find a strange girl I'd never met in the kitchen helping herself to whatever was in the pantry. We had a really small apartment and a balcony not much bigger, so they went out on the balcony which had a big glass window to the main bedroom. They were noisy and drinking until around 3am. I had just come off nights so was incredibly tired. I was texting him angrily initially asking them to be quiet and then to send his friends home (I'd never met any of them before and didn't feel like the middle of the night in my nightie was the best time), then threatened to walk out. Eventually they left. When I got up in the morning I made sure I made as much noise as I possibly could banging things around and vacuuming ramming the vacuum cleaner into the metal legs of the bed (it felt good). When I finally broke things off I didn't cry. I was just glad to see the back of him. Didn't help we broke up while on holiday in Melbourne and when we got home my family were all still away so I had no one to help me move out for a week. I had assumed too much of a carers role for him (buying his prescriptions, organizing all his medications in a pill box for the week, making sure he'd taken all his meds daily) while he went and did whatever. It was so freeing when it was over.

In saying that, it taught me a lot about myself. DH and I got together about 2-3 months later and the rest is history. I think our relationship is so awesome because my last one was so bad. DH and I have never had a fight/argument or yelled at each other. Sure we've had disagreements, but we walk away then come back and discuss it and resolve it. We never go to bed angry or upset and we always resolve any issues before going to sleep. Often when we're in bed with the lights out is when we have our big open and frank conversations and then everything is so much better again.

(FWIW DH and I have known each other since we were 14/15. He was my big crush in high school. One day he woke up and started noticing girls and realised he liked me. I was with douchebag as above. Once DH realised I was single he acted and asked me out. So life worked out in the end, as it was supposed to. Perhaps I was meant to have a failed relationship with jerk face so DH and I could have an awesome relationship. Who knows?!)
    Last edited by M'LadyEm; 20-10-2014 at 01:19.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldnt have married DH. I would have had some guts 2 weeks before our wedding when he had his first tantrum and told him I deserve better than this so bye bye.

At least ive gotten my bub out of the relationship

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app