+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Wwyd...d? 😜

I'm in a very reflective mood today, and I have decided that if I could go magically back through my entire life and make *one* different decision it would be to never, ever pick up a cigarette...

How about you? What would you do differently? If you could change one decision in your life, what would it be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i would have gone to Uni instead of getting married and having kids and waiting 20 years to go.....

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a few... But one regret that I feel strongly about and comfortable enough posting about is: allowing my mum to have been by my side when I gave birth to DD. I changed my mind at the last minute and asked her to leave
    I know it's not for everyone and lots of women wouldn't dream about having their mother in the room during labour but my mum is my best friend and I made a huge, huge mistake. I can't take it back. It still hurts thinking about it to this day.

Me 32, He 35, DS 14, DD 2

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Mummy5ormore  (31-10-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    And I know you said "one".but I'm sneaking in another
    Dropping out of school early. Stupid mistake.

Me 32, He 35, DS 14, DD 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would of gotten help for pnd and anxiety when I first started showing symptoms 3 years ago. Instead I feel like I wasted my precious time with my babies and am only getting help now 3 years and 2 more babies later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I had planned to go to Uluru between finishing school and starting uni for a few months to work at the Sheraton Resort. It was cancelled due to the pilot's strike in 1987 as business in that part of the world died.

My second plan a few years later was to then go overseas with my sister and not return. But at the 11th hour she was accepted for her dream job so we both came back after 3 months (I decided I would finish my law degree).

My next plan was to move to Hong Kong and work in publishing after graduating from law, but with the reunification of China there were no jobs in my preferred field.

So I stayed put, moved in with my now DH and the rest is history.

I often wonder what would have happened if I had followed any of those dreams.

AS you can see many of my plans involved moving out of Australia. I wound up in a fantastic job where I got to spend a lot of time overseas anyway (and decided I was pretty happy living here).

DH has a sabbatical in a few years and we're thinking of moving to Europe for a few months. Maybe I'll get to live my dream then (although won't quite be the same 23 year old drinking cocktails and smoking all night - I'll be 46 with 4 children in tow)
    Last edited by Sonja; 19-10-2014 at 16:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not bought my first house. I lived there for 18 months and over 4 years after it went on the market am still trying to sell it. It is rented out but my last tenants were crap and I spent all day yesterday cleaning up the outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have so many. But my stand out one is not have blindly applied for a course at uni and finished it for the sake of finishing. I had no idea what I was doing. Now I have a hecs debt for it but it's useless and I never used it for anything nor get work in that field. I can't even explain what degree it is. I didn't understand hecs at 19. Biggest regret ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Such a hard choice - i would say that id change marrying XH but then i wouldnt have DD1 so that one i wouldnt change.

So ill choose i wish i hadnt taken fun over study in yr 12 and id been able to see the bigger picture of uni, jobs etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The drinking and promiscuity of my late teens and early 20s 😣 shameful time that I still cringe about if I think about it.