+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have studied harder at school and gone to uni, travelled more, married later and not put so much into friendships that gave nothing back.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    This exactly.

I hate that in hindsight I can see the lack of self respect I felt, and lack of respect others felt for me. Its something that ended up with me being sexually assaulted, which is something that I will live with forever. I can never get back that piece of myself and I hate myself for it.

But you live and learn!
    Sadly this is me too. I feel so ashamed of myself to look back. I thought I was being the life of the party but really I just threw valuable years of my life away, wasted untold amounts of money and left people with a poor opinion of me that I have spent the following years trying to rebuild and prove I'm not that person they believe me to be. But I too will never forget the assault and I'm too ashamed to tell anyone about it because they will probably think I deserved it somehow.

I really wish I could go back to when I was around 14 or 15 and was offered a apprenticeship in a machining workshop (as it turns out I have a talent for TIG welding). I often wonder if I had taken that up would my life have taken a different direction. One that left me with more respect for myself.

And the smokes. Although I've been smoke free for around 3 years now and truly believe at this stage I'm kicking that regrets as$!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    I would of stood up for myself, believed in myself and had confidence. Something I only really started having in the last few years.

Would of been handy 10 years ago.

But, better late than never I guess.
    Yes, this for me too. I wouldn't have been hurt by people as much if I was confident enough to stand up for myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I would have cherished my time with DH pre-children more. We've always been close but the level of closeness we have now is amazing, I wish I slowed down and just enjoyed my life with more. Children really did bring us a lot closer but I just wish we could have enjoyed this closeness before.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I wish I picked the tall sexy rich german engineer (plus trust fund baby) over my ex husband. I would be in germany now living it up following my music career with lots of money and probably the sexiest man that has ever lived. My ex husband was my housemate and I was too scared to be homeless if I chose the other guy. I have 2 beautiful children from the relationship though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I travelled before kids, and to be honest I wish I made some reckless random mistakes but the way my brain is wired even at 13 I knew actions had consequences and if I did this that would happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I regret going to Uni to study Marketing. I've never enjoyed any of my jobs, it's a female dominated industry and sick of working with bishy competitive women.

I went to Uni as my parents paid for it, so I felt I couldn't say no, but what I really wanted to do was go to TAFE and study Interior design, but my parents (Dad really) was only going to financially (and emotionally) support going to Uni and I couldn't deal with the guilt he would have laid on me for not taking the opportunity to go to Uni (something no one in his family ever did - so who was I to turn down the opportunity!?)

I wonder how many wonderful Interior design projects I could have worked on in the last 10 years if Id done that, rather than wasting away doing marketing.

It's still my goal now, to go back and study it once the kids are at school, but with a 3 week old, that's still a little way off.

Our Family is now complete.
    Welcome DS The 'Easy One' 28.09.2014.
    Feisty and Independent DD 02.03.2012
    DH 36
    L'il ol Me 31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is a really interesting topic.

My biggest regret is letting my lack of confidence and anxiety run my life. I feel like I've missed out on so, so much because I've not had the confidence to do things. I wish I'd let myself have a bit more fun when I was younger.

I also really regret letting a 'friend' talk me out of being in a relationship with my then boyfriend. I guess the upside is that he set me up with my DH and we have remained really great friends, but I wonder every now and then what would have happened if I did not let her get in my ear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have studied something else at Uni. I went to Uni because I wanted a degree but at 18 I had no idea what I wanted to do with myself. It's much harder to study now and with little kids I'm limited with what I can commit to. I'm studying psychology (because I can do it by distance) but secretly I'd love to do something in the medical field. Sadly I think that ship has sailed...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked DP for his...and he has two that he can't decide between.

1. Would have put a higher offer on a place we were considering before we bought this house. Agree with him on that one...beautiful house, smaller, but we would have had a much smaller mortgage.

2. Would have had kids earlier (this one surprised me! He's 27 and we have a 2 year old). I would have been with him at the time...but that one would have seriously changed things. I would have been straight out of uni...interesting to think how things might be different.