+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first 'serious' relationship. He was a drug addict...what a waste of years of my life.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My regret is having children so young.

I should have waited so i could give them more stability than we have now. And So i could have experienced the world some, so that i wouldn't spend the rest of my life feeling like i haven't really lived.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The biggest thing in my life I wish I could have changed was moving back to Aus from NZ, but that was my parents decision and I was only 7 at the time. I believe that if we'd stayed my life would have been much, much better. My patents have both acknowledged that it was the biggest mistake they made too. We were all happy there, but when we moved back they were no longer happy and in the end the stresses of living here away from everyone they knew led to their divorce and my dad moving back to NZ on his own, and my mum quickly moving on to an abusive relationship and having my half sister.

If I could change one decision of mine, it would be that I wouldn't have left school at 15. Mostly because I left with my best friend at the time to move to another city, and she turned out to be the most horrible, deceitful, just awful person I've ever known. So I wish I'd stayed at school and developed other friendships, and stuck to my original plan of going to uni to study teaching. Now I feel like it's way too late for me to do that, as I don't want to put my family into debt over the next 8 or so years to do it.

On the whole I'm happy with my life, but I do sometimes imagine what my life would have been like if those two things were different...

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wished I had made better decisions with money.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I wish we had brought a house instead of owner building

Thanks
    Reviews
    P

Thanks
    Reviews
    I regret doing a tree change. We sold our amazing house that we had renovated to buy a house on acerage which we thought was our dream. It turned out not to be, we lost so much money on the acerage and brought back in the city in a higher market. We are now living in a crappier house with a bigger mortgage than 5 years ago. It is a huge, huge regret for me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

lisa6111  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep im the same @harvs. I wish I had never touched a smoke. My whole family smokes and I couldnt even have an ash tray near me without gagging. Then I left home and moved in with dh and started smoking at 17, my family couldnt believe it because i had always been so against it. Then I quit when I was pregnant with dd3 and was smoke free for over 2 years.... stupidly started again last year when dh started working fifo. His recent scare has given me the kick in the *** to quit for good now though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 19-10-2014 at 18:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosey01 View Post
    The drinking and promiscuity of my late teens and early 20s 😣 shameful time that I still cringe about if I think about it.
    This exactly.

I hate that in hindsight I can see the lack of self respect I felt, and lack of respect others felt for me. Its something that ended up with me being sexually assaulted, which is something that I will live with forever. I can never get back that piece of myself and I hate myself for it.

But you live and learn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps what a great thread. It felt so good to write those words, ive never admitted that to anyone before. Now ive told thousands of women.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (20-10-2014),Lillaa  (20-10-2014),Rookiemum  (19-10-2014)