+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Am I right in saying Scotch guard is banned in the US? Or that it did/does contain banned chemicals? We got a microfiber couch and the salesman talked us out of Scotch gard (sp?). Anyway the couch is 10 yrs old and still going strong. We just ban eating in the lounge room so nothings ever been spilled on it. It's had a few spot cleans which came up fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies. Leather seems to be a popular choice. Now my next question, where in wa is a good place to shop for lounges, and leather too? We have not been here that long. We did look at Harvey Norman a few weeks ago. Just not sure if the quality matches the price tag there.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got out suede couch and sofa from Plush which only lasted for 7 years (3 into life with DS), and looked really tatty at the end. Keep in mind that we moved a lot while we were young, it was a sofa, heavy and started to sag underneath. The scotch guard really didn’t do anything for us, we started to question whether they even applied it.

We also got a microsuede from Fantastic furniture, reasonably sturdy and not as nice to sit in like the Plush sofa. Once again, fabric with kids and it hasn’t gone well.

I think I will be heading toward a leather couch for us next time. I would drape blankets, throws and pillows to soften it up if I did face the sticking issue. It also depends on what you plan to do in your living room? For my mother, our sitting room was always off limits. Whereas our downstairs “kids” area was comfortable and cosy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    We have the same material. We stupidly didnt get the material protection done but its over 4 years old now and still looks great (minus where the cat has used the corner as a scratching post). I use baby wipes to clean any spills and it never leaves a mark once dried. We also get the carpet cleaner from woolies every now and then amd go over it with the upholstery attachment and it brings it up like new. We hate leather plus our cats would tear it to shreds in about 2 seconds like they did with our dining chairs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Hmmm might have to try the baby wipes - we do have a couple of spots that I can't get clean so that's worth a shot.

I'm actually not a fan of leather but DH is - my parents have a leather couch but I feel like I can never get comfy and always sliding around it - feels sticky in summer and cold in winter. That's part of why we won't buy a new couch yet as we can't agree on what we want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Leather. I would never go back to fabric with little kids.
    Yep, same here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @tinker we got our leather lounge from Gascoigne furniture in Osborne park. They had a huge range and they make them there so you can customise it too. It took about 7 or 8 weeks I think for our couch to be made and delivered. We've only had it for a few months but very happy so far. There are a lot of furniture places nearby if you want to look at a few places but we didn't make it past that store!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi besha, funny I actually came across that place googling this morning. They have some great lounges to pick from. No prices listed, can you give me a ball park from when you looked?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just looked on my paperwork and our couch was $4600. It's a three seater plus a chaise. I love it, the back is adjustable and the seats pull out so they can be a regular depth or extra deep, which is really great when you want to lie down! $5k was our upper limit for a leather lounge and there was quite a lot of choice in that price range.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We bought a leather couch & recliners when DS was about 4 months old. I have no regrets on going with leather.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wanted leather for how easy it is to clean but, honestly, it's too hot for Brisbane summers.

When we got our modular setting (1 x chaise, 2 x 2 seaters, 1 x arm chair) we went for a cotton/linen blend with fabric protection from King Furniture. Yes, we paid a lot for it but four years on it's stood the test of being vomited on, had red wine and food spilt on it, and dirty marks from grabby hands and feet, but it cleans up really easily and still looks great. Best of all it is lovely and cool to sit on during the warmer months. What I like the most about it was that if anything really major happens in terms of stains, we can have a single cushion reupholstered in the same fabric, plus it's structurally guaranteed for 10 years.