+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Buying new lounge, which material is best??

Our old lounge has just gone to the tip. Time for a new one. Which material is best, we have two little ones....a 2 year old and a new bubba 7 days young.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like leather because it can be wiped down. The only thing is it can get cold in Winter and you can stick to it in shorts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Leather. Easy to clean if kids get food/drinks on it. I have a 2.5 yo and 1.5 yo & so glad we changed to a leather couch. We had a micro suade one and it was getting so filthy (and that was when we only had 1 child). I don't find that I stick to ours when it's hot (and we live in qld).

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    We have two leather sets now and until our kids are older we will stick with leather. I have been grateful for leather many times in the past 6 years lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just check when buying a leather lounge that it's not "bonded" leather - we found out the hard way. A $5k leather lounge from freedom ended up peeling off and lasted 3 years! Apparently bonded leather is reallllly thin leather glued to PVC so once the lounge had creases from sitting it cracked and peeled.
    Our cheapi "pleather" from fantastic furniture in the kids room has lasted longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I knew what the fabric was called on mine but I have no idea... it's a heavy duty woven canvasy type thing, plus the very passionate designer also made me get it reinforced with a backing, to make it very durable for kids. It's a nice charcoal colour, again good for kids.
    I hate leather for the cold/hot issue which is why I didn't want leather.
    My kids don't eat or drink on the lounge so I don't need to worry about spills.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a fabric lounge from Harvey norman and we got the fabric protection package (I think they basically scotch guard it). Everything just wipes off with a wet wipe, DS has sure tried his hardest to stain it but it still looks brand new and it's at least 4 years old. My ILs got a new fabric lounge 2 years ago and didn't want to pay extra for fabric protection and it look gross already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought a micro suede couch and got it scotch guarded 10yrs ago and it's been awesome. Only now after two kids (8&4) is it starting to look a bit worn but still the spills just wipe off. Next one we get I think will be leather but thats still a few years off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leather. I would never go back to fabric with little kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    We bought a micro suede couch and got it scotch guarded 10yrs ago and it's been awesome. Only now after two kids (8&4) is it starting to look a bit worn but still the spills just wipe off. Next one we get I think will be leather but thats still a few years off.
    We have the same material. We stupidly didnt get the material protection done but its over 4 years old now and still looks great (minus where the cat has used the corner as a scratching post). I use baby wipes to clean any spills and it never leaves a mark once dried. We also get the carpet cleaner from woolies every now and then amd go over it with the upholstery attachment and it brings it up like new. We hate leather plus our cats would tear it to shreds in about 2 seconds like they did with our dining chairs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (19-10-2014)