+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default DHA Housing in Melbourne

Hi there,

I'm looking for some advice or feedback on possible service residences in Melbourne. My husband and I current lease a DHA property in Sydney, however now that he's been deployed and I'm 4 months pregnant with twins, we're trying to move me home to Melbourne where I'll have support from family.

We're requesting to be relocated through DHA however I'm wondering if The Patch at HMAS Cerberus is the only option for DHA housing?

Alternatively, is it possible to apply for RA should Cerberus not be suitable (quite far from family, will be moving alone while husband at sea until 2015).

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We lived on the patch at cereberus for just under 3 years.. back in 2002-2005... i know a few families who rent in balnarring etc .. Id ask DHA what houses they have avail..or go thru RA

i loved living on the base. it was family friendly and safe.

how far away is your family?

good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

mrskmb  (18-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply

My family are over an hour away, so I guess it's not too bad...

I know you had said that you were living there a while ago, however do you happen to know what sort of condition the houses are generally in? I've heard some good some bad, as with all DHA!

Also do you happen to know if they allow pets in these houses?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If hubs isn't posting down here anytime soon you may find DHA is able to move you to family location, best to check with them.

majority of those posting into cerberus over past 3-4 months have been going RA as there isn't enough housing and a lot of the patch is being upgraded. If you can't secure a residence on base, the other areas are bittern and hastings for a SR.

we are in a renovated property and it's fine and of good condition, we also have two small dogs.