+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Remembrance tattoo for our angel baby

Hi all,
    2 weeks ago our beautiful daughter, Elouise, was born at 21weeks 2days gestation. Sadly, Elouise grew her angel wings only moments after entering the world. Elouise was born in her sack and before the placenta came out and sack was broken I could see her moving a little in the sack. As soon as the sac was broken her movement stopped. The colour drained out of the umbilical cord and she unfolded her wings.

It was such a heartbreaking but special time. We got to spend all day with her, holding her, bathing her and preparing her for her journey. We had a wonderful photographer from Heartfelt come and capture some beautiful photos of us and Elouise. We also had Tara from Smallprints come and take hand and footprints and make some jewellery for us.

We held a funeral for her and it was all so beautiful.

Dp and I want to get remembrance tattoos in honour of our beautiful angel. Dp will get Elouise's footprints and I will get Elouise's handprints.

But I've been thinking about getting the pregnancy loss ribbon in the tattoo as well.

So... Do you have a remembrance tattoo? If yes, what does it look like? Would you be willing to share a photo?
    I'm looking for some inspiration and ideas for my tattoo.

Thanks in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to catemer For This Useful Post:

Sim0  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a tattoo on my wrist. Simply says Ashton my angel with his dates. I'll get a pic later for you

my circus. ds1 10. ds2 3.2.06 - 24.4.06. ds3 7. dd1 5. ds4 4. dd2 5 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Im so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Elouise.

I dont have one yet but I will be getting the pregnancy and infant loss ribbon done at some stage for our 2 angels, not sure where yet.

My mil lost a daughter at 26 weeks, her name was Pepper-Lee. Mil had her footprints tattooed on her ribs with angel wings and scroll underneath with her name and the date she was born. It was a beautiful tattoo. Im sorry I don't have a photo of it though. There are some beautiful ideas on google, some have used the footprints as butterfly wings and some beautiful quotes. Maybe you could do a google search and it might provide you with some inspiration (I just googled 'baby footprint tattoos').

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I don't have a pregnancy loss tattoo... Just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss. What a great idea to get a tattoo for bubba xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

sky1  (18-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing her story, Elouise is such a beautiful name. A remembrance tattoo sounds like a wonderful idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry for your loss x

I lost my angel baby Violet 5 years ago at 35 weeks, I have just her name tattooed on my wrist, I got that about two months after she was born. I am thinking of getting a bigger pretty tattoo to go with it at well, either on my forearm just up from her name or on my bicep. I plan to get a fob watch entwined around some flowers, probably just some simple and classic roses, and her foot and/hand prints. The fob watch is significant because a) losing a child makes you realise how little time we have on this earth and how precious time is, and also it is a classic symbol of nursing, and I started my nursing degree when I was pregnant with her. I'll try to link the pic to show roughly what I want.

munchkin05 is offline just me, my boy and my baby bump
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I lost twins 3 years ago
    I ended up getting a tinker bell tattoo because to me they will never age and she's looking up at the tattoos I have for my DS and DD
    It says two beautiful for this world

The tattoo artist was like are you sure you want to spell it that way and in like Yeh that's how I want it and he tried so many times to get me to change it until I told him I wanted it as two cause I lost my 2 gorgeous twins

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear of your loss @catemer so sad.

My baby girl Lily was born sleeping at 16 weeks 1 month ago now.

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing for her. I've been googling pics as well.

All while doing the IVF cycle I listened to their music. The song Pale Blue Dot lyrics we had planned to put on her cards.
    " Yeah the arrival was survival positivity was the power
    We cracked the concrete to deliver you those flowers
    And now that day has wings and can run on air
    With a hope that if we spoke there was someone there.

Instead we had on the order of funeral service
    Her name the date " and now that day has wings and can run on air"
    I'm thinking of this being tattooed on the side or top of my foot.
    And with some wings ?

Thank you for sharing ladies all sounds lovely and so special for your darling babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear of your loss @catemer so sad.

My baby girl Lily was born sleeping at 16 weeks ������ 1 month ago now.

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing for her. I've been googling pics as well.

All while doing the IVF cycle I listened to their music. The song Pale Blue Dot lyrics we had planned to put on her cards.
    " Yeah the arrival was survival positivity was the power
    We cracked the concrete to deliver you those flowers
    And now that day has wings and can run on air
    With a hope that if we spoke there was someone there.

Instead we had on the order of funeral service
    Her name the date " and now that day has wings and can run on air"
    I'm thinking of this being tattooed on the side or top of my foot.
    And with some wings ?

Thank you for sharing ladies all sounds lovely and so special for your darling babies.