+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Okay - this 'movement' - the boycott halal movement, is quite big in teh UK, bigger than Australia, there is so much info out there in regards to to the animal cruelty surrounding halal slaughter... so I just came across a video that shows cows and goats and sheep still attempted to move, moo and breathe with their throats cut...disgusting, so very disgusting Thankyou RSPCA that make sure animals are stunned prior to slaughter here in Australia!!
    Before I vomit it is time to stop researching this for today, and get back out into that hot weather to tend to my garden.
    Whilst learning about Sikhism and halal/kosher meat I had the unfortunate experience of watching a video of a cow having it's throat cut and bleeding out yesterday. (I ended up fast-forwarding most of it.) It was being held in large machine so that it was still and it's neck and head exposed. Death was certainly not instant.

I can understand why there is such a big outcry in the UK. Having lived over there for 8 years I know they are strong animal lovers and there is a definite clash of cultures.

I'll second that thank you to the RSPCA in Australia for insisting that most halal slaughter in Australia using stunning before killing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    oh and just quickly - ATT @[Mod] pegasus or other Mod -- this thread is in the 'discuss it' circ section
    ..probably better off in the 'discuss/debate it' religious section - yeh?

Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 30-10-2014 at 12:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    oh and just quickly - ATT @Pegasus or other Mod -- this thread is in the 'discuss it' circ section
    ..probably better off in the 'discuss/debate it' religious section - yeh?

Hmmm, it started in the general chat section. Might report it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Hmmm, it started in the general chat section. Might report it.
    think it may have been moved after being cleaned up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hi Ladies
    Thanks for letting us know. I've shifted it as you have suggested, as I'm sure that where it was meant to be moved.

Cheers (and carry on)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-xkwzit For This Useful Post:

amyd  (31-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haven't read most of this but just wanted to say I have no issue with Halal food, I grew up in an area that has a huge muslim population, all good there. What I don't like though, is going into the local KFC, after dad asked me to run down and grab a cheese and bacon zinger for his lunch, only to be told, by staff, there was no bacon allowed in the store because it's too dirty. I was told to go to a dirty KFC and get some dead pig.. Pretty off imo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by oozzle View Post
    Haven't read most of this but just wanted to say I have no issue with Halal food, I grew up in an area that has a huge muslim population, all good there. What I don't like though, is going into the local KFC, after dad asked me to run down and grab a cheese and bacon zinger for his lunch, only to be told, by staff, there was no bacon allowed in the store because it's too dirty. I was told to go to a dirty KFC and get some dead pig.. Pretty off imo!

Want some bacon?

No man, I don't eat pork.

Are you Jewish?

Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.

Why not?

Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.

Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.

Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf****r. Pigs sleep and root in ****. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.

How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.

I don't eat dog either.

Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming motherf****n' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

_________

...sorry couldn't help myself :P

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (31-10-2014),oozzle  (31-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    lol gotta love Pulp Fiction, look at Tarantino bringing people together 😋

As for the previous post, Oozzle that's terrible, I would've been so offended being spoken to like that. You should've complained to the manager, there's no reason to be so rude and condescending, there's definitely a more polite way to say I'm sorry we don't serve bacon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (31-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I saw a friend on my fb say she is now boycotting Colgate because it is Halal certified... she is constantly posting things from the Boycott Halal Australia fb page. Does my head in. I always thought so highly of her, but the way dhe carries on about it, it makes me so angry. Needless to say I have unfriended her.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    lol gotta love Pulp Fiction, look at Tarantino bringing people together ������

As for the previous post, Oozzle that's terrible, I would've been so offended being spoken to like that. You should've complained to the manager, there's no reason to be so rude and condescending, there's definitely a more polite way to say I'm sorry we don't serve bacon.
    Oooh I complained alright, lol.. I wasn't at all impressed by that service.

I LOVE Pulp Fiction, jut awesome!!