+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Both very different. DS1 it was really intense and exhausting but didn't hurt, it was a relief to push! Took 30 minutes and a very small tear. DS2 it was incredibly painful, I could feel everything and it was honestly like I was giving birth to a pineapple. 11 minutes and no tearing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

tubster  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    1st I had a delayed second stage so pushing went for over 2 hours. They put this down to the cord being draped over baby's neck and my lack of energy after 10 hours of overnight labour. Second degree tearing and stitches. DD was 4.2kg
    2nd was only last week. 6 hour labour after they broke my waters. Pushed for 5-10 mins. No tearing or grazes. DS was 3.9kg.
    No drugs for either.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessbaby For This Useful Post:

tubster  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My second labour pushing was much easier. Ds1 I pushed for around an hour, and he crowned multiple times then would slide back up after the contraction finished. The burning ring was the worst part of my labour, it was what I was most scared of going through again with Ds2! It was exhausting, but luckily no tears or grazes.

Ds2 I pushed for about 15mins, I held off and fought the urge as long as I possibly could as we at home waiting for our middy to arrive. The burning ring was still the most painful part of labour, but he only crowned once then he was out thank God! No tears or grazes with him either, despite being a fairly quick labour.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not quite sure what burning ring feels like, fingers crossed that I won't have to experience it this time round!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Mine were all different.

DS1 the pushing stage took over an hour and I tore very badly as I'd had an epidural and couldnt feel so was pushing too much.

DS2 the pushing stage was 15 minutes but only 3 pushes in that time, it was easy felt like DS2 flew out (and DH literally almost dropped him he came out so fast). The tearing was even worse but that was due to DS2 being posterior brow presentation.

DS3 pushing stage was just under 4 minutes, my first without any pain relief and the pain was intense but it was over really quickly. No tears just a few grazes because I could control the pushing when the midwife told me to, which was also very lucly as DS3 had the cord wrapped around his neck 3 times so I had to stop pushing while they got it off him before I delivered the rest of him.

In all honesty, I'd take feeling it over not feeling it. It did less damage to my body and I felt in control.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Child 1 - pushed for almost 3 hours then suction was used to get him out asap when things went wrong. Small tear with 5 stitches.

Child 2 - no pushing at all. I breathed her out in 3 minutes. No stitches.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With #1 I pushed for 1.5 hours.

With #2 and #3 it was just a few minutes but #3 took an effort on my part, #3 was born via fetal ejection reflex.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had no urge to push with both my births so my midwife told me I was ready. DS1 was all but out anyway and had a small head so it didn't take long. With ds2 I had asked to be told when to push as I figured I wouldn't have the urge. It took about 20min and I probably should've waited a bit longer before pushing but just wanted it over! Natural water births both times, no tears or grazes.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app