+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    Times your house by 1400 and that is a days job. He/she would choose every day to choose the non road route and thanks for offering that option. 98.8% of people dont offer that option
    I think our postie is okay. Most houses in my suburb don't even have off street parking as an option. Our street has off street parking, and then the next 6 streets that follow don't have any off street parking (or it's rear lane access).I do get your point, but in the area I'm talking about I don't think it would be a big issue for the postie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I think our postie is okay. Most houses in my suburb don't even have off street parking as an option. Our street has off street parking, and then the next 6 streets that follow don't have any off street parking (or it's rear lane access).I do get your point, but in the area I'm talking about I don't think it would be a big issue for the postie.
    Do you think you area is the same as all other areas?

You are trying to be defensive as you park out on the council strip BUT maybe your area is the exception and not the rule? Go to a capital city or an area with an abundance of elderly and disabled and you will understand what people are complaining about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happens where I live and what's worse there aren't any footpaths. We live in the hills and the main road to town is windey with blind corners so if a car parks across a driveway over the path ( only a very narrow stone path) we have to walk on the road and hope we don't get hit. The other side is an embankment where you could fall down. It annoys me because most of the time the cars could be parked right in their driveways . I've been tempted to leave notes on their windscreens..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    Do you think you area is the same as all other areas?

You are trying to be defensive as you park out on the council strip BUT maybe your area is the exception and not the rule? Go to a capital city or an area with an abundance of elderly and disabled and you will understand what people are complaining about.
    Ummm no. That's the whole point. I am saying I'm comfortable with what I'm doing in MY area because of how it is in MY suburb. I'm not going to argue about how it might be in other suburbs, I even quite clearly said that I get your point, but in the area I'm talking about I don't think it would be a big issue for the postie. I don't know how to make it any clearer that I am talking about the area I live in. I'm also not defensive, just tried to explain to you that my postie's life is not endangered when I park across the footpath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Well here's what happened.

I chose the path of least effort, walking on the homeowners yard in between the car and the garden. Anyhoo... Accidentally bulldozed over a small shrub. It was an accident I swear... Misjudged the distance, the pram was heavy, wasn't looking where I was going. At first I thought "oh $hit." Then when I thought about it more (3 seconds later) I gave myself a silent high-5. I don't know what damage was done as I didn't look back (wasn't looking where I was going to start with).
    Accidentally on purpose? Lol. I'd have done the same, this is a pet hate of mine. People are so privileged and wrapped up in their own lives, they don't notice that they are blocking access for prams, wheelchairs etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coming from the perspective of an ex fulltime pedestrian (I didn't get my license til I was almost 30, and had kids in strollers for the whole of my 20's), this type of parking can really give you grief, if you have to deal with it on a daily basis.

What used to absolutely give me the $hits was when cars would mount the kerb and park longways on the footpath, usually because there was no other parking... also meaning that there was no where else for me to walk because cars were already parked along the road! I would get really really cranky at people's selfishness for this. If they were around I would make a snide comment. And then to try and get a stroller around a car when there is no where to walk.... well... it's not my fault their car got in the way of my stroller.