+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Go around.

You don't know the reason why they parked there. I do it at my mums house so that it's easier to transport a sleeping bub from driveway to house.

What did u do??

Eta: just read what u did. No biggie bout the shrub..
    There is a difference of about a metre between parking accross the footpath and parking on the road. Would have no impact on transferring a sleeping bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    Maybe they have a disability so parked as close as possible?
    Nah. The car is permanent fixture at the house and I can't remember seeing it accross the footpath before. And there's only a metre between where they aoked and the road.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    Go around and not give it a second thought?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    That's what it tried to do until I Heard heard the crunch of the shrub underneath the pram wheel..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    That's what it tried to do until I Heard heard the crunch of the shrub underneath the pram wheel..
    Did it ruin your pram? If not who cares they parked illegally. It's not illegal just for the fun of it.
    Call yourself the karma provider

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    Fair enough. I always leave enough room between my gate and car so that prams/wheelchairs/the postie can get through. I also move my car when there is a space.

No postie is endangering their life if they have to drive around my car in my street. I'm not going to not do it for this reason. The postie would remain perfectly safe, and it is convenient for me to park there when there are no parks in my street.

It's not always laziness. My car does not fit down my driveway completely...when I had a newborn, a toddler, and a pre-schooler it was hardly lazy to not want to walk a couple of blocks with them just so I can get them home. This is why I would never get annoyed, or leave a note. You just don't know why the person has parked the way they have.

Fair enough.
    Posties are in constant danger. Any moment they have to be on the road when they don't have to be is a huge danger.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    Posties are in constant danger. Any moment they have to be on the road when they don't have to be is a huge danger.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yeah, sorry. I'm a push bike rider. You're probably not going to win me over with how dangerous it is for a small motorbike to be on the road. Especially when I'm talking about a quiet street in an inner city suburb in my situation. But I have watched the postie go in front of my car, so not on the road, because I do leave enough room as specified earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yeah, sorry. I'm a push bike rider. You're probably not going to win me over with how dangerous it is for a small motorbike to be on the road. Especially when I'm talking about a quiet street in an inner city suburb in my situation. But I have watched the postie go in front of my car, so not on the road, because I do leave enough room as specified earlier.
    What about the poor person in the wheelchair... Can they get around your car?

This is one of the reasons I couldn't live in the city.... Crappy street parking....! I couldn't do it with kids..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Times your house by 1400 and that is a days job. He/she would choose every day to choose the non road route and thanks for offering that option. 98.8% of people dont offer that option

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd go around but moan and groan loudly. Inside I would fantasise about scratching the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What about the poor person in the wheelchair... Can they get around your car?

This is one of the reasons I couldn't live in the city.... Crappy street parking....! I couldn't do it with kids..
    Yes wheelchairs can get through too. We live one street back from businesses so we get quite a few people park in our street who then walk around to work. One man is in a wheelchair, and the odd time he has come back and the car has been in the driveway he's been able to get through. I even get out and check that there's a wide enough berth for people, and if there's not I re-adjust. We need to re-do our fence and make the gate wider, and then we'll be able to get our car all the way in, but that costs money and money we don't have for now. I don't do it often, only when I can't get a park anywhere else in my street. Then I just keep an eye out for an open spot and go and move my car.

I don't live in a capital city so it's probably not as manic as you think, I love living in the city we do though. Parking can be a pain, but there are so many benefits. Our car is left at home a lot, we either walk or ride to most places. We get along just fine being a one car family living inner city, it's awesome. I grew up in suburbia and loved it, but I'd never move back now I've lived inner city.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (17-10-2014)