+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If there's enough room I go in front of the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This actually gives me the ****s and is the height of laziness and if its a repeat offender I leave a note

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Go around.

You don't know the reason why they parked there. I do it at my mums house so that it's easier to transport a sleeping bub from driveway to house.

What did u do??

Eta: just read what u did. No biggie bout the shrub..

Thanks
    Reviews
    It irritates me. There is a man in an electric wheelchair at the top of my street that travels daily to the other end of the street to catch the train to work. I think that makes me more sensitive to it, because it's a safety issue for him to be on the road. If it wasn't for knowing him, I probably wouldn't think twice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe they have a disability so parked as close as possible?
    Being that u said there was not a car parked in the street id just have gone out and around.
    I can see how this could a big issue in the city but in the suburbs not as much. No footpaths where I live and everyone parks on the crossover

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I usually am walking DS to school and when I have no choice, I go on the road. It's bad enough just with a pram, but more annoying with a preppie that already dawdles behind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I think a law is there so disabled people in wheelchairs etc can actually get around? (If the footpaths are continually blocked it makes a trip to the shops very difficult).
    It's for easy emergency access as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I think a law is there so disabled people in wheelchairs etc can actually get around? (If the footpaths are continually blocked it makes a trip to the shops very difficult).
    Fair enough. I always leave enough room between my gate and car so that prams/wheelchairs/the postie can get through. I also move my car when there is a space.
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    It is also so posties can deliver the mail. As an ex postie this ****s me so much. Parking so a postie has to endanger their life is the low of the low, along with blocking disabled people so they also endanger their lives out of a persons convenience. Garhhhh
    No postie is endangering their life if they have to drive around my car in my street. I'm not going to not do it for this reason. The postie would remain perfectly safe, and it is convenient for me to park there when there are no parks in my street.

Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    This actually gives me the ****s and is the height of laziness and if its a repeat offender I leave a note
    It's not always laziness. My car does not fit down my driveway completely...when I had a newborn, a toddler, and a pre-schooler it was hardly lazy to not want to walk a couple of blocks with them just so I can get them home. This is why I would never get annoyed, or leave a note. You just don't know why the person has parked the way they have.

Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    It's for easy emergency access as well
    Fair enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckily the ranger in our area is very big on fining people for illegal parking!

I would take the path of least resistance and think how annoying it is to deviate but then not give it a second thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go around and not give it a second thought?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app