+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    This is seriously one of my pet hates. I had an argument with a tradie when ds was a newborn in the pram as he was parked on the footpath when there was a carpark a right next to were he was unloading anyway. I will walk on the property if there is space if not on the road. It just really urks me when there is clearly space in a driveway or verge or the car can safely park on the road. I have reported cars to the council no idea if anything is done or if they just laugh at me when I get off the phone. Its called a footpath for a reason!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I actually hate that it's illegal to park like that. I think it's a stupid law tbh.
    I think a law is there so disabled people in wheelchairs etc can actually get around? (If the footpaths are continually blocked it makes a trip to the shops very difficult).

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (17-10-2014),LoveLivesHere  (17-10-2014),Me&Smooches  (17-10-2014),MissMuppet  (17-10-2014),zooey  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate people doing this! We walk around the oval near us on the footpath and there's always some moron or another who has decided to park right at the entrance of the footpath meaning I have to take the pushchair through long grass where people all dump their rubbish just so I can circumnavigate their car and the fencing. There is a HUGE car park that has maybe 6 cars max in it (that I've seen) at any one time. But nooooo people want to park RIGHT NEXT TO the soccer pitch. Selfish a'holes. I probs would've gone onto their lawn if I was in a bad mood lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Well here's what happened.

I chose the path of least effort, walking on the homeowners yard in between the car and the garden. Anyhoo... Accidentally bulldozed over a small shrub. It was an accident I swear... Misjudged the distance, the pram was heavy, wasn't looking where I was going. At first I thought "oh $hit." Then when I thought about it more (3 seconds later) I gave myself a silent high-5. I don't know what damage was done as I didn't look back (wasn't looking where I was going to start with).

Thanks
    Reviews
    The owner of a house a few doors up from mine used to park across the footpath rather than driving into her garage. It used to drive me crazy, particularly when I had one in the pram and one on the scooter. I must not have been the only one it annoyed because one day I saw a parking inspector putting a fine on her car. We lived in a quiet street in a new estate. There is no way known that a parking inspector would have been doing a routine inspection.

My friend uses a motorised scooter to get around due to an illness which causes her muscles to waste. She says she comes across someone parked across a footpath every day.

First world problem for sure, but its still annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I use to walk everywhere when DS1 was a baby and whilst it was a bit of a PITA when people parked across their driveways, I would just walk around, usually on the road but would go the other way if the space permitted so.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I walk around whichever way is the safest, usually via their yard. We have some busy roads around here. I'll be damned if I'm going to risk my kids' lives and my life walking around on the road.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EvilWombatQueen For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I think a law is there so disabled people in wheelchairs etc can actually get around? (If the footpaths are continually blocked it makes a trip to the shops very difficult).
    It is also so posties can deliver the mail. As an ex postie this ****s me so much. Parking so a postie has to endanger their life is the low of the low, along with blocking disabled people so they also endanger their lives out of a persons convenience. Garhhhh

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

Renn  (17-10-2014),VicPark  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would walk on the road but keep an eye on the property and if they kept doing it report them to council.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, the postie thing is a big deal. DP used to be a postie, and my god, they deal with enough danger as it is.

If it were the easiest/safest route then I would have done what you did - walked on their property.

There's a house where I often walk that bugs me. They have a reasonably long driveway. About halfway down the driveway, they have a car on ramps. Obviously not easily moved, but it'd be possible. In front of that, they park the car they drive - meaning that it sticks right out onto the footpath. They also have heaps of accessible front yard space, and lots of parking on the road. It's been like this for at least 6 months. I just walk around, but get pretty annoyed at them on behalf of anyone in a wheelchair/on a mobility scooter etc.