+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noty View Post
    My son has eczema. There is a common type called disciodal eczema that can look similar to ringworm, my son had this on his arms. The dermatologist prescribed advantan cream which is a bit stronger than hydrozol. He also said to use a moisturizer like dermeze on it as a barrier and to prevent dryness (eczema is a dry skin problem). He recommended a soap free bath oil and I also use a few Condy's crystals in the bath to help reduce any secondary infections. It cleared up really well and now I just put the advantan on when needed.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks for the name. Looked it up on google images (good old doctor google!) and it does look similar to what he's got. When we were using the hydrozole (which has a mild steroid in it) it got better. Advantan is also a steroid cream. I think I've used it myself a while ago. So to me it does sound like the eczema you are describing. I'm applying Hope's Relief cream now a few times a day and will get *another* doctor's appointment if things don't improve next week.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ask for a referral to a dermatologist while you are there, as it can take weeks to get an appointment. Then you've got it if you need it.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Noty For This Useful Post:

debsch  (20-10-2014)