+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sleeping through the night

Does anyone else have a 6 month old that does not sleep through the night and never has? Sometimes I feel like I am the only one lol. Every other mother I know's child is sleeping through. What am I doing wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    None of mine slept through until they were 2 years old. There are plenty of mothers out there who babies don't sleep all night. Don't let it get to you, parenting is full of wonderful milestones and struggles, and sleepless nights continue to occur past babyhood (nightmares, wet beds, thirsty, illness etc).
    If you are happy with the way you are parenting, and you aren't desperate to change your baby's night time routine then keep going with it. Your baby will learn to sleep through the night on it's own

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS is two and still wakes at least once a night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My older 2 boys didnt come close to sleeping through until they were over 2. My youngest slept through from a very young age (around 8 weeks) but I think its just luck.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My daughter didn't sleep through for the first time until she was 2.

She's 3 and we have periods where she sleeps great and then other times where she wakes up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh totally, totally normal
    My DS1 woke up for feeds (formula) until around 9-10 months.

My DS2 (now 2.5 years old) wakes at around 2am for a cuddle then he goes back to sleep. He actually had sleeping issues at around 16 months old where he would wake a few times in the night for no reason!

My Ds1 (now 5 years old) wakes to go to the toilet and then hops into bed with me.

All children are different!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    All three of mine were around two years old before they started sleeping through the night. You are definitely not alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS1 was a terrible sleeper until 1.5 when he started sleeping through. He only slept through (7-7) one night up until he turned 1. I remember feeling like the only one out of my friends that had a baby like him. It was horrible but I got used to it.

DS2 is 11 weeks and from birth he has only woken once a night and has slept through 6 times already. He's a totally different sleeper and I'm enjoying it as it might not last!

I find it interesting that my DS1 now sleeps better than any of my friends kids who were perfect sleepers until around 1.
    Last edited by Taiyed; 17-10-2014 at 13:13.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Perfectly normal. DS didn't sleep the whole night in his own bed until he was 4.5 (but there were other issues going on) and DD slept through the night approximately 5 times from birth until 2 years old. She still wakes most nights but only for a cuddle or drink. She will be 4 in December.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies I feel much better. It's very disheartening when you hear what great sleepers other mothers have but perhaps they are not being completely honest or there idea of sleeping through is different to mine.