+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Duromine experiences

Hi all, I realise there are some threads on this but am interested in a current view

Have you had an experience using this? Did it work? What was your starting weight? How much did you lose?

I don't mine hearing of bad experiences as well, but don't particularly want a lecture. I'm deciding whether to fill my script after being prescribed it, only after an informative discussion with my gp. I am already exercising regularly, but looking for something to help getting my eating back under control.

Just wanting others experiences with the product. My BMI is in the obese range and I have 25-30kg to lose.

Thankyou!

Thanks
    Reviews

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing cause im also interested

Sent from my GT-S6102 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing too. I also have 25-30 kgs to lose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully someone has some experiences lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I felt dreadful on it to be honest. I was moody as to the point where I was completely irrational. no appetite - I could get full on a banana and thirsty all the time, but that's not teaching healthy eating either. it's a legal version of speed apparently. some people pile the weight back on as they have lost the weight but not learnt how to eat ''properly''.. hope that helps

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Em9  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It is different for everyone, and batches don't seem to work the same.. I had it a little while ago, lost my appetite, lost weight, had tonnes of energy, etc.. Had it again just over a month ago and seriously, it was such a waste of money. I could fall asleep by lunchtime, was hungry all the time.. So strange, I swear they were placebos!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

Em9  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you lose weight while taking it? I'm hoping to get into healthy habits while on it. Hoping it will take away my cravings so I'm in the routine of eating well when I stop taking it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Like Minchi I thought it was awful. My Dr gave me samples to try for 2 weeks and told me to come back in to get a script; I didn't get a chance to go back to the Dr so I ended up finishing the samples before I had a script for more. While I was on it it was okay, I didn't really feel hungry but I didn't have the rush of energy everyone talks about, I felt very drained and I'm sure it was because I wasn't eating but I just didn't have an appetite.

Anyway after I ran out of samples it was so awful, I felt like a drug addict going through withdrawal, I was so moody and irrational, I even yelled at my poor little 18month old DD and scared her, she didn't want to come back to me for a week because I acted so crazily. It's like I knew I was being irrational but I couldn't stop it.

I never ended up going back for a script, I thought if coming off after 2 weeks was so difficult imagining how hard it would be after 3 months, I couldn't put my family through that again. Also in those 2 weeks I only lost 1 kilo even though I was basically starving myself. It just wasn't for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went on it 3 years ago.
    For the 3 months I was on it I lost 22 kilos.
    After the 3 months I was able to keep loosing weight and lost a total of 53 kilos.

Some things about it
    - it's not a fix, it suppresses appetite, the real thing to keep in mind is to use that as a kick start, if you just take the tablet and make no changes it won't do anything. You have to be ready as well, the first time I went on it I failed, then 6 months later when I was ready I tried it again and succeeded.

- you have to figure out how you will change your eating and start exercise before you go on it.
    They say it takes 3 months for the brain to "reset" itself with food cravings and bad habits, you can only be on duromine for 3 months so have a plan so that when you come off it you stick to that plan and don't rebound.

- side effects are bad in the first 2 weeks, I found they went after that though.

- drink water! If you feel thirsty, drink a little more (don't over do it of course)
    It will stop the dry mouth, constipation and I found if I didn't drink enough my heart would "pound" a lot and it was an uneasy feeling.
    If you usually have 8 glasses of water a day, drink an extra glass, duromine can make you very sweaty so keep in mind the extra fluid you might be loosing.
    Please drink water, the constipation duromine can cause is horrible.

- take it early in the morning, I use to take mine at 4:30am, go back to bed then start my day at 6:30am with a walk, I did another walk (only 20 mins of light walking on the treadmill) about an hour before bed, otherwise I couldn't sleep.
    You will have extra energy, use it!!!

- be prepared for years to come, not the short term.
    It's been 3 years since I started my weight loss journey with duromine.
    In that time I've put on 15 kilos, then had to loose it, then put on 10 and had to loose it (all without duromine)
    I know my flaws, I get into "funks" and emotional eat, I have to remember to pull myself out of that ASAP, I'm getting better, but you have to remember weight loss is for life, try to learn ways of staying on the ball whilst on duromine, only use duromine as a tool, not a fix.
    I find if I exercise (I hate exercise) my eating is always better, I hate exercise that much that if I go on a walk or go to the gym the last thing I'm going to do is waste what I just did buy eating a bag of chips or a block of chocolate, I feel like all that hard work was just such a waste.

- might sound weird, but remember to eat.
    You won't feel like eating, when I was on it I never had an appetite, there were busy days where I just forgot to have lunch and by dinner I was having dizzy spells.
    The more exercise I did the more I ate, and when I did that I lost more weight.
    The biggest thing was changing my diet, and forcing myself to have exercise as a daily routine.

Good luck