+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thinking about starting a family day care business from home?

Hey Everyone,

I'm not to sure if im posting this in the right spot.

I have 2 children my Daughter is 6 she is in year 1 at school & i have a 3 year old at home with me, i am currently a stay at home mum but as i have no family around me that can help if i went back to work full time i would have to put them both in care & pretty much i would be working just to pay for care for them, so then i had this idea of a family day care.

I was wanting to get some people opinions on opening up as a family day care from your home? i have been looking at Jelly Beans? i'm not to sure of other providers in my area just yet, im in the Wollongong area in NSW.

some of my friends are doing it & have said that they charge about $75 a day per child & can have 4 children in their care but as i have my son with me i could only have 3 other children, one of questions is do i have to pay a % of the money i earn to eg to like Jelly Beans etc..? so if i was to charge $75 a day, per child say for 3 days a week = $675 for the week, is that the money i would earn or do i have to pay some out of that to the provider?

Thanks

Sarah.
    Last edited by sarahw831; 16-10-2014 at 16:41. Reason: spelling

Similar Threads

1. Stay at Home mum wanting to start business from home
    By lel in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 24-06-2015, 14:48
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-01-2014, 11:06
  3. Starting small childcare/family day care in Nedlands
    By Baby lover in forum Childcare Options